Constangy’s Mobile App Wins First Place in National Legal Marketing AwardsApril 8, 2014
ATLANTA - National labor and employment law firm Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP achieved first place for its mobile app in the Legal Marketing Association’s national awards program. Recognized in the Online Interactive Marketing Tools category, the app provides a comprehensive, entertaining resource for human resources professionals, in-house counsel and members of the media, among others.
More than 200 entries were submitted for the annual Your Honor Awards, which is the longest-running national award program that recognizes excellence in legal marketing by promoting projects and programs that provide innovation in the legal field. The judging panel, which consisted of legal marketing professionals from across the nation, recognized Constangy’s app for its creativity, execution, achievement and overall excellence. The award was presented in Orlando at the annual conference of the Legal Marketing Association.
To download Constangy’s app for iPhone and iPad, visit the App Store and search for “Constangy,” or follow this link to directly connect to Constangy app’s download page. An Android version is set to be released in the coming months for that growing market.
About the Constangy Mobile App
The app goes beyond offering bios, newsletters and firm information, additionally providing quick guides and checklists on workplace topics such as Affordable Care Act, FMLA, FLSA, unfair labor practices, OSHA inspections and HIPAA compliance. The app’s hands-on resources are rounded out with wage and hour calculators, a glossary of employment law and general legal terms, an outside links section and workers’ compensation calculators. For taking a quick break while waiting in line or at the airport, there’s even a game.
In addition to the resources section, another add-on feature that differentiates the app from the Constangy website is the Work Snips section, which gives short, entertaining takes on the latest workplace headlines from outside news sources. Posted often, the Work Snips offer another outlet for Constangy to entertain in the app while providing information.
“Gone are the days where law firms can hide behind staid corporate images and still expect to retain and attract clients,” says Neil Wasser, firm chairman. “We live in a world where we are bombarded and overwhelmed with news constantly, and the employment law arena is no exception. We’re here to say that, yes, employment law insights can be fresh, fun and entertaining – if you look in the right sources. Anyone who has read our Employment & Labor Insider blog knows that. We’ve always been known as a down-to-earth firm, and this app is another extension of that.”
Constangy’s app employs social and mobile features by making content shareable, offering location-based directions to its offices and nearby hotels and restaurants, and using tap-to-call and tap-to-email functions. Attorney bios also offer direct connections to attorney LinkedIn profiles as well as attorneys’ Twitter feeds for those who have them. App users can add Constangy attorneys directly to their iPhone contacts through attorney bio screens as well.
About the Constangy Mobile App’s Features
· Includes scrollable headlines on the home screen to quickly provide the latest from client bulletins and blog posts.
· Select content is shareable via social media.
· The Checklists and Guides section provides a variety of checklists and short guides on a variety of workplace subjects, including:
- FLSA Exemption Test
- HIPAA Compliance
- OSHA Inspections
- Affirmative Action
- Benefits and Affordable Care Act
- Federal Record Keeping
- Unfair Labor Practices
· The Wage and Hour Calculators provide a way to compute overtime premiums due on certain bonuses to non-exempt hourly employees, as well as overtime premiums due on salaries for non-exempt employees paid under the fluctuating workweek method.
· The glossary (Employment Law in 25 Words or Less) quickly provides definitions of employment law and general legal terms and will be continually updated with additional terms.
· The News section provides the latest in employment law news, including newsletters, blog posts and posted events such as seminars, webinars and workshops that you can sign up for right from the app. This content is shareable within the app via social media – such as LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook - or can be sent via e-mail.
· The Work Snips section provides a snarky take on workplace topics from outside news sources with a short, Twitter-esque format.
· The People & Places section allows app users to quickly find Constangy attorneys and offices, along with short bio and office information, with one tap to call or e-mail. Users can connect with Constangy attorneys on LinkedIn as well as to their Twitter feeds for those who have them. App users can also get directions to our offices based on their current location, and to some recommended area restaurants and hotels too.
· The workers’ compensation calculators calculate “leave time” – based on start date and either the number of weeks or the end date – as well as life expectancy and present value of payments.
· The Helpful Links section houses a list of some often-used links for in-house employment law counsel and human resources professionals, such as SHRM, federal agencies such as DOL and NLRB, judiciary sites, and legal and HR news sites.
· The game - what’s a lot of serious business without a little fun? We hope app users enjoy playing “Constangy Take Five” while waiting in line at the airport or just when needing a moment to relax after a hard day. The icons within the game visually depict some of the industries that Constangy represents: retail, financial services, manufacturing, transportation, construction, hospitality and healthcare.
Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP:
Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP has counseled employers on labor and employment law matters, exclusively, since 1946. The firm is ranked as a Tier 1 firm by the 2014 U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers Best Law Firms survey. Also named a “Go To” Law Firm in Corporate Counsel and Fortune Magazine, Constangy represents Fortune 500 global corporations and small companies across the country. Its attorneys are consistently rated as top lawyers in their practice areas by sources such as Chambers USA, Martindale-Hubbell, and Top One Hundred Labor Attorneys in the United States. More than 140 lawyers partner with clients to provide cost-effective legal services and sound preventive advice to enhance the employer-employee relationship. Offices are located in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin. For more information, visit www.constangy.com, or download our app for iPhone/iPad.