401 Commerce Street, Suite 1010
Nashville, Tennessee 37219T: 615.320.5200
- Employment Litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- Tennessee, 2005
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D., 2005
- Executive Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- CALI Award for Excellence, Constitutional Law II
University of Georgia
- B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, with Honors, 2002
- Equestrian Team, two-time Intercollegiate High Point Rider
"Don't pick a fight, but if you find yourself in one I suggest you make damn sure you win."
Kate focuses her practice on partnering with her clients to effectively resolve a wide range of employment issues. Kate's experience includes successful handling of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims in a variety of forums, from preventive measures to administrative charges to state and federal court litigation. Kate assists employers in dealing with complex wage and hour issues, including both single plaintiff and class action litigation. She also has expertise in areas such as employee benefits issues and safety and retaliation complaints before OHSA and TOSHA.
Kate received her law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she served as Executive Editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law and was a founding member of the Double Dawg Society. Prior to joining Constangy, Kate served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Juliet Griffin, a federal magistrate judge in the Middle District of Tennessee. Her experiences as a law clerk have proven invaluable to her practice.
- Sterling Education Services Presenter, "Employment Law Update Seminar,"July 13, 2011 (Registration available online via link above)
- "Is Summary Judgment In Employment Law Cases A Myth?," Employment Law360, November 2009
Awards & Recognition
- Named a 2013-2014 Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association and Young Lawyers' Division
- Lawyers' Association for Women
- TBA Leadership Law Class of 2012
- TBA Law Office Technology/Management Section Executive Council
- Big Sister, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Kate and her husband, Brad, recently welcomed their first son, Cole. Kate enjoys attempting to bring as much of her rural childhood to urban life as possible. A recent foray into keeping backyard chickens, while initially stalled by a case of mistaken gender in one of her laying hens, is proving to be especially rewarding. Kate also enjoys being outdoors, home renovations (once completed), and spending time at the lake and with family.