- All aspects of labor and employment law
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1966
- United States Supreme Court, 1974
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth, Sixth, Seventh and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- LL.B., 1966
- A.B., 1964
- Chambers USA Recognizes 28 Constangy Attorneys
- 43 Constangy Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2015
- Winston-Salem Attorney John Doyle Honored as “Client Service All-Star”
- Nine Constangy Attorneys Honored by North Carolina Super Lawyers 2014
- Six Constangy Attorneys Honored in N.C. Legal Elite
- Forty-One Constangy Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2014
- John Doyle Recognized Internationally for Employment Law Expertise
- Constangy Receives Top Legal Rankings from Chambers USA Awards for Excellence
"As lawyers, our job is straightforward. We must serve our clients to the very best of our ability, and we must do so in the most cost-effective manner possible."
--John Doyle, Litigator
John Doyle is a partner in Constangy's Winston-Salem office where he specializes in labor and employment relations law with a practice limited to representation of management clients. Mr. Doyle has represented employers in all aspects of labor and employment law matters and is a frequent writer and lecturer on various labor and employment law subjects. He is also an experienced litigator, defending employers in federal and state courts throughout the U.S. and before numerous administrative agencies.
Mr. Doyle is the founding chairman of the North Carolina Bar Association's Section on Labor and Employment Law as well as the first North Carolina Fellow to be inducted into The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers. He has been named to Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” for employment law and was recently selected among North Carolina Super Lawyers Top 100 Attorneys.
- The Labor Lawyer - "Ethical Considerations - The Defendants' Perspective: Representing And Counseling Multiple Parties In Employment Litigation."
Awards & Recognition
- Business North Carolina’s 2014 Legal Elite
- Named as a 2014 BTI Client Service All-Star
- Named an International Who's Who of Management Labour & Employment Lawyers; 2013-2012 Edition (Only Lawyer Named in the State of North Carolina, 2012)
- Awarded the Jonathan R. Harkavy Award by the Labor & Employment Section of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Best Lawyers In America for over 20 years
- Chambers USA Guide
- Chambers USA America's Leading Business Lawyers
- North Carolina Super Lawyers (2006-2015)
- Winner of the 2008 Triad Pro Bono Impact Awards by the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, EEO Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Founding Chairman of the Labor & Employment Law Section
- NCBA CLE Committee, 1989-1995 (Chair, 1992 - 1995)
- Fellow, The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers; inducted in 1998; first North Carolina Fellow
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- John and his wife Ellen, have two sons, Scott and Jonathan and a daughter, Erin.