- Affirmative Action/OFCCP Compliance
- Class/Collective Actions
- Labor Relations
- Litigation; Employment Litigation Prevention and Defense
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Litigation
- Employment counseling and litigation, affirmative action planning and compliance, wage and hour compliance and litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1994
- United States District Courts for the Western, Middle Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
University of Louisville
- J.D., 1994
- Managing Editor - Journal of Law and Education
Wake Forest University
- B.A., History, 1989
- Changing Interpretations of LGBT Discrimination
- Nine Constangy Attorneys Named to North Carolina Super Lawyers
- 50 Constangy Attorneys Selected as Best Lawyers in America
- It’s All Over But the Shouting! What Do Employers Do Now That Gay Marriage Is Effectively Legal Everywhere?
- 43 Constangy Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2015
“Why aren't you signed up for the 401K? I'd never be able to run that far.”
Jon Yarbrough's practice includes providing advice and counsel to employers on compliance with federal and state employment laws, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and wage and hour laws. He also assists federal contractors with affirmative action planning and compliance. Jon has successfully represented employers in a wide variety of employment related lawsuits and charges brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, and the United States and North Carolina Departments of Labor, and before state and federal courts in North Carolina and Tennessee. He has also successfully defended whistleblower charges before OSHA and before Administrative Law Judges of the United States Department of Labor.
Before joining Constangy, Jon was a partner with Edwards, Ballard, Bishop, Sturm, Clark & Keim, P.A.
- Quoted by SHRM - Everlasting Evidence: E-Mails are Forever
- Contributing author to North Carolina Employment Law published by Lexis Law Publishing
- Mock Sexual Harassment Trial presented at the 2003 North Carolina SHRM Convention
- Frequent Presenter for Lorman Education Services and The Council On Education in Management.
- Understanding the Unconventional - SHRM Online
- Don’t Trip on the Tarmac: Special I-9 Issue - The Hotline
- Exactly What Is “Retaliation?” - ARSA Online
- Human Resources Kit for Dummies - For Dummies by Max Messmer
Awards & Recognition
- AV® Peer Review Rated By Martindale Hubbell
- Business North Carolina’s 2013 Legal Elite
- Recognized in Chambers USA Guide
- Recognized as a North Carolina Super Lawyer for Employment & Labor; Employment Litigation: Defense (2012-2016)
- Named Best Lawyers® (2011-2016)
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law
- Western North Carolina Human Resources Association - President-Elect
- Board of Directors - Asheville Buncombe Youth Soccer Association
- President of the Board - Project Challenge NC, Inc.
- Member - Committee of Management, Reuter Family YMCA
- Member - Zebulon B. Vance Debate Society
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Jon enjoys spending time with his three children, Anna, Sara and Avery, playing golf and soccer and cheering for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.