- Employment Litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- Tennessee, 2005
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
University of Georgia School of Law
- J.D., 2005
- Executive Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- CALI Award for Excellence, Constitutional Law II
University of Georgia
- B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, with Honors, 2002
- Equestrian Team, two-time Intercollegiate High Point Rider
"Don't pick a fight, but if you find yourself in one I suggest you make damn sure you win."
Kate is a skilled litigator and trusted advisor to her clients with a particular focus on prevention and strategic handling of matters from inception to completion. Kate’s practice includes handling claims of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in a variety of forums; preventing and litigating wage/hour issues; and drafting, providing advice regarding, and litigating various contract issues, including issues related to employment contracts and noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements. Kate works closely with a broad spectrum of clients, but she has a particular focus on clients in the healthcare and construction industries. Kate is frequently called upon to provide practical advice to her clients on a variety of employment-related topics.
Tennessee Association of Government Finance Officials, TGFOA Fall Conference 2014, “Labor and Employment Law Update.”
Chattanooga Regional Manufacturers’ Association, May 2013, “It’s 2013 – Is Your Handbook Still in the Stone Age?”
Sterling Education Services Presenter, "Employment Law Update Seminar,"July 13, 2011 (Registration available online via link above)
"Is Summary Judgment In Employment Law Cases A Myth?," Employment Law360, November 2009
Awards & Recognition
- Named a 2013-2015 Rising Star by Super Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association and Young Lawyers' Division
- Lawyers' Association for Women
- TBA Leadership Law Class of 2012
- TBA Law Office Technology/Management Section Executive Council
- Big Sister, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- When not working or chasing her exuberant toddler, Kate and enjoys spending time on the lake, photography, and taking trips to see family and friends.
- Prior to joining Constangy, Kate served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Juliet Griffin, a federal magistrate judge in the Middle District of Tennessee.