600 17th Street, Suite 2700-S
Denver, Colorado 80202T: 720.343.7540
Los Angeles - Century City
1800 Century Park East
Los Angeles, California 90067T: 310.909.7775
- Class and Collective Actions
- EEOC Systemic Litigation
- FLSA and state wage and hour laws
- Complex Employment Litigation
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
University of Denver College of Law
- J.D., 1993
- American Jurisprudence Award (Corporations)
Old Dominion University
- B.A., 1989
- 51 Constangy Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers in America for 2017
- Chambers USA Recognizes 28 Constangy Attorneys
- Constangy Attorneys Named as Super Lawyers in Colorado, New Jersey
- 50 Constangy Attorneys Selected as Best Lawyers in America
- Chambers USA Recognizes 28 Constangy Attorneys
- Constangy, Brooks & Smith Adds Don Prophete as Named Partner
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
Steve Moore is a partner and co-chair of the firm’s Class Action Litigation Practice Group. Based in Denver and Los Angeles, Steve is a national litigator and devotes his practice exclusively to the representation of employers in a wide range of labor and employment disputes, including discrimination and wage and hour cases. Steve has represented clients, both domestic and international, in the healthcare, accounting, transportation, media, energy, technology, electronics, hospitality, retail and financial services industries.
His experience includes representing employers against nationwide class actions involving allegations of systemic discrimination and other civil rights violations. He has also defended employers against nationwide collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act and related state wage and hour laws. He is also noted for his defense of employers against pattern or practice cases filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He regularly represents employers against large-scale, systemic investigations being conducted by the EEOC in response to Commissioner's Charges and other class- based charges of discrimination.
As a result of Steve's litigation experience, companies often call upon him for his advice and counsel with respect to strategic planning and human resources issues, including executive terminations, wage and hour compliance, and the development of personnel policies, employment contracts, and non-compete agreements. Steve also advises companies regarding labor and employment issues relating to mergers and acquisitions. Steve has also represented companies in significant litigation against departing executives, including for violations of non-compete agreements and trade secret theft.
- Chapter Author, “Mediation in the Employment Context,” ADR in Employment Law (Bloomberg BNA 2015)
- American Bar Association - "The Hybrid Action: Combining FLSA Collective Actions with State Wage and Hour Class Actions" - Los Angeles - November 7, 2014
- Association of Corporate Counsel - "Who Said Attorneys Can’t Do Math? Statistical Analysis in Employment Advice and Litigation" - New Orleans - October 29, 2014
- Winter 2013 - ABA Labor and Employment Law - "Ethical Traps: Communicating with Absent Class Members"
- EEOC San Jose Seminar - "Harassment: Prevention + Investigation" - San Jose - June 14, 2012 - June 15, 2012
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Colorado Chapter - "The EEOC's Renewed Focus on Systemic and Class Litigation" - Denver - May 16, 2012
- September 26, 2011 - Inside Counsel - "Labor: Using Class Action Waivers in Employment Arbitration Agreements"
- August 1, 2011 - Inside Counsel - "Labor: What You Need to Know About FLSA Collective Actions"
- July 18, 2011 - Inside Counsel - "Labor: Avoiding Discrimination Class Actions"
- July 6, 2011 - Inside Counsel - "Labor: Courts Keep Sanctioning EEOC in Class Litigation"
- February/March 2011 - Executive Counsel Magazine - "EEOC Focusing On Class Actions"
- Colorado Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law - "A Primer on Employment Class Actions" - Denver - November 22, 2010
- Spring 2010 - ABA Labor and Employment Law - "Supreme Court: No Class Arbitration if Contract Silent"
- Summer 2008 - ABA Labor and Employment Law - "Equal Protection Class-of-One Claims Rejected in Public Employment"
- American Bar Association, Section of Labor and Employment Law, National Conference on Equal Employment Opportunity Law - "Ethics for the Employment Lawyer" - Tucson - March 29, 2008
- Spring 2008 - ABA Labor and Employment Law - "Nine Justices Say ‘Me Too’ on Coworker Evidence Remand"
- American Bar Association Annual Meeting - "Ethical Issues in Employment Class Actions" - San Francisco - August 11, 2007
- Summer 2007 - ABA Labor and Employment Law - "Naomi Earp: EEOC Addresses New Forms of Discrimination"
- March/April 2007 - Municipal Lawyer - "Strategies for Avoiding FLSA Collective Actions"
Awards & Recognition
- Chambers USA Attorney Guide
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2006-2009, 2011-2016)
- A-V Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America (2014-2017)
- Denver Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Co-Editor, American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law (2006 to 2013)
- Co-Chair, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, Government Fellowship Task Force (2013 to 2015)
- State Bar of California (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Steve enjoys skiing and fly fishing in the Rocky Mountains. He is married and has two children.