Related Service Areas
- Webinar - Paid Sick Leave: Exploring the New Requirements for Federal Contractors
- Are Your Workplaces Fairer & Safer Yet? Preparing for Mandatory Disclosures of Labor Law Violations
- Nashville Breakfast Briefing: Implementing the Newest Changes from the OFCCP
- Webinar - OFCCP’s Final Rule on Transparency
Newsletters & Bulletins
- Client Bulletins, Employment law changes will be coming with the Trump Administration: What should employers expect?
- Client Bulletins, Labor and Employment Law in a Trump Administration
- Affirmative Action Alert, Finally some sanity for federal contractors! Judge issues preliminary injunction on Fair Pay & Safe Workplaces Rule
- Affirmative Action Alert, DOL issues Final Rule requiring paid sick leave for some federal contractor employees
- Affirmative Action Alert, Will these mandates really result in "fairer pay and safer workplaces," or will they just increase administrative burdens for contractors?
- Affirmative Action Alert, Final Rule and Guidance on Fair Pay & Safe Workplaces Released
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Issues Final Rule on Sex Discrimination
- Affirmative Action Alert, DOL ISSUES PROPOSED RULE REQUIRING PAID SICK LEAVE FOR SOME FEDERAL CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEES
- Client Bulletins, IS YOUR PAY EQUITY UP TO SNUFF? EEOC plans to start collecting pay data, and using it
- Affirmative Action Alert, REMINDER: OFCCP’S Pay Transparency Rule Takes Effect Monday
- Affirmative Action Alert, Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors set to Increase
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Issues Regulations on "Pay Transparency"
- Affirmative Action Alert, Obama Orders Paid Sick Leave for Employees of Some Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, Agencies issue proposals on "Fair Pay & Safe Workplaces" Executive Order
- Affirmative Action Alert, VEVRAA hiring benchmark drops again
Affirmative Action is more than just numbers. It is not enough to simply plug information into a preset formula and generate a generic plan. You need to be compliant, proactive and aware.
Constangy's affirmative action team has more than 150 years combined experience in affirmative action and enforcement by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”). We are familiar with the recent regulatory changes implemented by the OFCCP, have presented many training sessions on the changes and are well prepared to assist you in preparing for and continuing compliance with these obligations.
What Sets Us Apart
Our affirmative action work began in the late 1960s. In fact, one of our attorneys was present at the adoption of the original Executive Order 11246 and chaired the first Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the American Bar Association. This type of experience helps us give you a strategic advantage.
Throughout the firm's long history in preparing affirmative action plans for clients and assisting during compliance reviews, we have maintained a superlative track record of audit results. Each year, we create and manage hundreds of plans for clients of all sizes across the entire United States and U.S. territories.
We focus on helping you identify and avoid potential discrimination issues – but also have the experience and judgment to avoid overreactions that could cost your company unnecessary money and leave you vulnerable to allegations of reverse discrimination. All of our affirmative action attorneys have substantial experience in employment discrimination litigation as well, so they can analyze the employment practices of "the whole client."
In addition to experienced attorneys, we have a network of affirmative action specialists – individuals with paralegal and Human Resources backgrounds who can prepare affirmative action plans and perform many other aspects of affirmative action compliance at a lower hourly rate. Because the attorneys and the specialists work together as a team, clients get the best of both worlds – low-cost help on the more labor-intensive aspects of affirmative action compliance, but easy access to attorneys for areas in which the risk and potential exposure are higher.
What We Do
- Advise on jurisdictional issues
- Develop and implement affirmative action plans
- Analyze compensation, including use of multiple regression analysis
- Defend compliance and corporate management reviews
- Draft policies and help you communicate, enforce and defend them
- Provide preventive and strategic advice
- Train in-house attorneys, human resource teams, managers and employees on affirmative action compliance
- Perform mock audits
- Properly prepare and submit EEO-1 and VETS-4212 reports
For additional information, please view our publication, Affirmative Action Alert.