Related Service Areas
- Webinar - OFCCP’s Final Rule on Transparency
- Webinar: OFCCP'S Final Rule Prohibiting LGBT Discrimination: Are You Prepared?
- Webinar: A Refresher on OFCCP's New Section 503 & VEVRAA Requirements: Are You Ready for Subparts C?
- WEBINAR: OFCCP ANNOUNCES NEW SCHEDULING LETTER AND ITEMIZED LISTING!
- Employment Law Lunch and Learn Series for Government Contractors
Newsletters & Bulletins
- Affirmative Action Alert, Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors set to Increase
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Issues Regulations on "Pay Transparency"
- Affirmative Action Alert, Obama Orders Paid Sick Leave for Employees of Some Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, Agencies issue proposals on "Fair Pay & Safe Workplaces" Executive Order
- Affirmative Action Alert, VEVRAA hiring benchmark drops again
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Proposes Updated Sex Discrimination Rules
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Releases Final Rule on LGBT Non-Discrimination
- Affirmative Action Alert, DOL Announces Final Rule on Federal Contractor Minimum Wage
- Affirmative Action Alert, OMB Finally Approves New Scheduling Letter And Itemized Listing
- Affirmative Action Alert, Finally Some Good News: VETS Final Rule Reduces Burden on Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Announces Another Proposed Rule: No More Pay Secrecy!
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Proposes "Equal Pay Report" for Contractors to go with EEO-1
- Affirmative Action Alert, Oh, No! Another Executive Order For Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, Obama Prohibits Contractors from Discriminating Because of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity
- Affirmative Action Alert, DOL Issues Proposed Rule on New Minimum Wage For Some Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Provides Temporary Relief to TRICARE Providers
- Affirmative Action Alert, President Obama's "Equal Pay" Executive Orders: Much Ado About (Almost) Nothing?
- Affirmative Action Alert, VETS Issues Proposed Rule to Change Reporting Requirements for Federal Contractors...in a Good Way!
- Affirmative Action Alert, President Signs Executive Order Setting $10.10 Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors
- Affirmative Action Alert, OFCCP Releases Mandatory Self-ID Form: And Other Interesting News
Affirmative Action is more than just numbers. It is not enough to simply plug information into a preset formula and generate a generic plan. You need to be compliant, proactive and aware.
Constangy's affirmative action team has more than 150 years combined experience in affirmative action and enforcement by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”). We are familiar with the recent regulatory changes implemented by the OFCCP, have presented many training sessions on the changes and are well prepared to assist you in preparing for and continuing compliance with these obligations.
What Sets Us Apart
Our affirmative action work began in the late 1960s. In fact, one of our attorneys was present at the adoption of the original Executive Order 11246 and chaired the first Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the American Bar Association. This type of experience helps us give you a strategic advantage.
Throughout the firm's long history in preparing affirmative action plans for clients and assisting during compliance reviews, we have maintained a superlative track record of audit results. Each year, we create and manage hundreds of plans for clients of all sizes across the entire United States and U.S. territories.
We focus on helping you identify and avoid potential discrimination issues – but also have the experience and judgment to avoid overreactions that could cost your company unnecessary money and leave you vulnerable to allegations of reverse discrimination. All of our affirmative action attorneys have substantial experience in employment discrimination litigation as well, so they can analyze the employment practices of "the whole client."
In addition to experienced attorneys, we have a network of affirmative action specialists – individuals with paralegal and Human Resources backgrounds who can prepare affirmative action plans and perform many other aspects of affirmative action compliance at a lower hourly rate. Because the attorneys and the specialists work together as a team, clients get the best of both worlds – low-cost help on the more labor-intensive aspects of affirmative action compliance, but easy access to attorneys for areas in which the risk and potential exposure are higher.
What We Do
Advise on jurisdictional issues
Develop and implement affirmative action plans
Analyze compensation, including use of multiple regression analysis
Defend compliance and corporate management reviews
Draft policies and help you communicate, enforce and defend them
Provide preventive and strategic advice
Train in-house attorneys, human resource teams, managers and employees on affirmative action compliance
Perform mock audits
Properly prepare and submit EEO-1 and VETS-4212 reports
For more information about our Affirmative Action Services, please visit www.strategicaap.com.