Related Service Areas
- Job Descriptions Have FLSA, NLRA, ADA Implications
- Will 40 Be the New 30? The PPACA may result in more claims under the FLSA
Newsletters & Bulletins
- Wage Hour Report, DOL's Companionship Rule Gets the One-Two Punch
- Wage Hour Report, Security Check-Out is Not "Compensable" Work Time, Supreme Court Says
- Client Bulletins, New Sick Leave Rights For Massachusetts Employees Raise Concerns For Employers
- Wage Hour Report, DOL Delays Enforcement Of Companionship Exemption Rule, But Private Lawsuits Against Employers Can Carry On
- Client Bulletins, Recent Amendments to the Massachusetts Wage Act
- Wage Hour Report, Massachusetts to Raise State Minimum Wage
- Wage Hour Report, Obama to Seek Drastic Changes to White-Collar Regulations Dealing With Overtime Exemption Under FLSA
- Client Bulletins, BYOD Requires BYOB: How to Handle the Challenges Inherent in a "Bring Your Own Device" Program
- Client Bulletins, New York City Council Passes Mayor De Blasio's Expansion to the Earned Sick Time Act and Leaves Many Small Businesses on Life Support
- Wage Hour Report, Supreme Court Offers Common Sense Guidance on What Constitutes "Changing Clothes" Under the FLSA
- Wage Hour Report, Avoid a Halloween Horror: Use Fluctuating Workweek to Protect Your Company if "Exempt" Employees are Misclassified
- Wage Hour Report, COUNTING THE COST OF PAYROLL CARDS: Are They Worth It for Employers?
- Client Bulletins, Private FLSA Settlement A Train Wreck
- Client Bulletins, New York High Court Provides Guidance on Tip Splitting Under State Law
- Wage Hour Report, Who's Minding the Store? -- California Court Ignores FLSA Regulation on Multi-Tasking and Rejects Employer's Claimed Exemption for Store Manager
- Wage Hour Report, DOL To Focus on "Tipping Policies" When Investigating Restaurant Practices
- Client Bulletins, Plaintiff With Moot Claim Can't Represent Others in FLSA Collective Action, Supreme Court Says
- Client Bulletins, You Buy the Business, You Buy Its Sins - Seventh Circuit Reminds Business Buyers of Successor Liability for Federal Employment Law Violations
Policy development, preventive advice, and management training on the following issues: Compliance with the overtime/exemption, child labor, and minimum wage provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act; compliance with state wage and hour laws; compliance with federal and state family and medical leave laws; "independent contractor versus employee" issues. Also defense in litigation brought under these laws, including wage and hour class and collective action litigation.
The attorneys on Constangy’s Wage and Hour Compliance team have substantial expertise in all areas of the federal Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage and hour laws, some having come to the firm from positions with the U.S. Department of Labor.
The Wage and Hour team is ready to assist you in determining the "exempt" status of your employees; handling some of the more complex wage and hour issues of recent vintage, such as overtime recordkeeping for telecommuting employees and the exemption status of jobs that have become much less "discretionary" because of technology. Additionally, modern-day compliance with the overtime requirements for non-exempt employees paid under various incentive compensation arrangements is not a simple task, and Constangy’s Wage and Hour lawyers can carefully guide employers through these difficult compliance issues.
The Fair Labor Standards Act also provides a fertile field for class action litigation, and the Wage and Hour team has substantial experience in this area, having defended numerous class and collective actions brought under both federal and state wage and hour laws. The wage and hour laws can be quite complex, and the plaintiffs’ employment bar has learned just how lucrative class and collective action litigation can be in this area of the law. Such litigation is very unique, and requires defense counsel that are skilled and knowledgeable in this area of the law.
The attorneys on the Wage and Hour team have experience in the following industries:
- Restaurant and food service
- Health care
Our Wage and Hour team publishes a quarterly periodical, Wage Hour Report.