Another plan of action from the OFCCP.
Stemming from seven town hall meetings in 2019, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs announced an action plan to address issues that were consistently raised by contractors and other stakeholders.
The six-point plan involves the following:
- Updating and developing new resources to assist contractors in conducting outreach to diverse talent pools.
- Providing more compliance assistance and resources for contractors to develop effective affirmative action programs and to allow for more dialogue with contractors during compliance evaluations.
- Enhancing avenues for collaboration between contractors.
- Enhancing resources for protected veterans and their spouses, family, and other associates.
- Enhancing resources to increase the effectiveness of the Indian and Native American Employment Rights Program.
- Enhancing resources for disability inclusion.
Here are some of the specific steps outlined by the OFCCP:
- Posting a new webpage to assist contractors in finding diverse candidates.
- Developing additional affirmative action plan materials to show how contractors can address aberrations and unique situations in their data.
- Launching the Contractor Compliance Institute, which provides online educational resources for federal contractors.
- Highlighting contractors’ best practices on the OFCCP’s website “through stakeholder messages.”
- Using information learned from Section 503 focused reviews to identify best practices for use by other contractors.
This is the OFCCP’s second Town Hall Action Plan. The first plan was released in May 2018, and identified specific tasks designed to increase transparency and improve compliance assistance. The agency has checked off quite a few items on that list, such as publishing technical assistance for construction contractors and academic institutions, and hiring an ombudsperson to address contractor concerns.
With this second plan, we wonder if this will become a biennial practice for the OFCCP. Regardless, we will keep you up to date on the agency's progress and achievement of these initiatives.
Our Affirmative Action Alert blog focuses on the latest news and topics affecting federal contractors and subcontractors and their compliance with affirmative action and other employment-related laws and regulations. With breaking news, quick updates, and headlines on the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and affirmative action issues, this blog is a great resource for in-house counsel, HR managers, and other compliance professionals. Our blog is a companion to Constangy’s Affirmative Action newsletters, which address significant legislative, regulatory, and administrative proposals and changes. Subscribe to both to stay current on these important topics!
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017