Welcome to the Constangy Cyber Advisor! Our 44-member cybersecurity and data privacy team is excited to announce we have joined the nationally renowned labor and employment law firm Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP! As part of this move, the Constangy Cyber Team will regularly post blogs to the Constangy Cyber Advisor about significant data privacy and information security issues. Our blog posts will be informed by the thousands of data breaches we have managed, the dozens of new data breaches we manage each week, the robust compliance advisory services we provide to our clients, and the complex data privacy and security litigation on which we consult with our class action litigators.
Regarding our move to Constangy, our entire 44-member team is joining. We have the same capacity and skillsets this week at Constangy that we had last week at our former firm. We are excited to enhance our holistic approach to cybersecurity and data privacy. In addition to our compliance advisory services provided by our Compliance Advisory Team and our incident response services provided by our Rapid Response Team, we will also provide litigation services through our Cyber Litigation Team. Constangy has a number of outstanding class action litigators who will be working with our team – as a team - on litigation matters arising out of data breaches and other data privacy and security matters. We are excited to be able to offer a truly integrated approach to cybersecurity and data privacy - proactive, incident response, and data breach litigation services – all from the new Constangy Cyber Team.
As our clients and cyber insurance broker and carrier partners know, the Constangy Cyber Team differentiates itself through its responsiveness, its strong law enforcement and government background, its expertise with multiple regulatory frameworks, our diversity, and our geographic footprint:
- Responsiveness - our industry leading 24/7 responsive services via our hotline at 877.382.2724 (877.DTA.BRCH) and our emergency email address at email@example.com.
- Law enforcement backgrounds - multiple members are former federal and state prosecutors, a former FBI cyber agent, and a former investigator for the Health & Human Services (HHS) Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
- Expertise – in addition to regularly responding to every kind of cyber security incident, we have substantial experience in various regulatory frameworks including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and cybersecurity frameworks pertinent to the financial services industry.
- Diversity - 70% of our attorneys are female, including the majority of our leadership, our partners, our of counsel and senior counsel, and our associates.
- Geography - Our team works across the country in 17 cities and 12 states – backed by a larger firm with offices in 35 cities and 21 states. We also work with international partners when such assistance is necessary.
Most importantly, our clients benefit from the collective wisdom borne of our experience. There is simply no substitute for having a lawyer with judgment on your side.
Thanks for visiting the Constangy Cyber Advisor! Subscribe to receive alerts on future posts and be prepared for great analyses on cybersecurity and data privacy issues!
The Constangy Cyber Advisor posts regular updates on legislative developments, data privacy, and information security trends. Our blog posts are informed through the Constangy Cyber Team's experience managing thousands of data breaches, providing robust compliance advisory services, and consultation on complex data privacy and security litigation.