Our 2013 Diversity Scholars Awards
applications are now closed; the
recipient will be notified in early
Diversity Scholars Awards & Recipients
Constangy, Brooks & Smith initiated its Diversity Scholars Awards program to recognize the achievements of law students who have demonstrated academic achievement, a commitment to diversity in their community, school or work environment, and personal achievements in overcoming challenges to reach goals.
To be eligible, applicants must be a second-year student with a 3.0 GPA or greater and enrolled in an accredited law school that is located in one of the following states: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, California, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia/Washington, D.C., New Jersey and Massachusetts. One student will receive a $2,000 scholarship in recognition of accomplishments in academics, a commitment to diversity in the community, school or work environment, and personal achievement in overcoming challenges to reach goals.
Applications for the 2013 Diversity Scholars Awards are now closed. The Award recipient will be notified in early January 2014, with the scholarship award presented in early 2014.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Meg Zabijaka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Diversity at Constangy:
Constangy, Brooks & Smith prides itself on its inclusive environment that values and uses the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. The diversity of those who work for Constangy is one of its greatest strengths. The firm is a recipient of the Exceptional Service Award presented by the Georgia Diversity Program of the State Bar of Georgia, and maintains a Diversity Council comprised of attorneys from across its offices to address issues and promote diversity within the firm.
2012 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients
- Theresa Zhen, UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Reginald Cuyler, Jr., Duke University School of Law, Durnham, N.C.
- Citra Registe, Shepard Broad Law Center, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
2011 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients
- Tara Lovings, University of Miami School of Law, Miamai, Florida
- Douglas Dreier, Duke University School of Law
- Jacob True, University of San Francisco School of Law
2010 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients
- Sau Chun Chan, University of Richmond Law School, Richmond, Virginia
- Lakisha Davis, Florida A&M College of Law, Orlando, Florida
- Roxana Mehrfar, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
2009 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients
- Candice Phillips Branche, Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, GA
- Milton L. Flynt, University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, SC
- Nader S. Raja, Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC
- Brandy Davis, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, Dallas, TX
- Xinning Shirley Liu, University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
- Ying Wang, University of Missouri - Kansas City, School of Law, Kansas City, MO
2008 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients
- Nicholas Bedford, Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA
- Carla De Leon, Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, Dallas, TX
- Anatoly Gakenberg, University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS
- Edyta-Christina Grzybowska, George Mason University School of Law, Washington, DC
- Jessica Holmes, University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC
- Goran Musinovic, University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, TN
- Jessica Thomas, Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL
- Emma Harber White, University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
2007 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients:
- LaMonica Orr, Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL
- Crissi Robinson, Howard University School of Law, Washington, DC
- Anastasia Protopapadakis, University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
- Andrea Vanina Arias, Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, GA
- Elisa Chen, Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, MO
- Aisha Gayle, Duke University Law School, Durham, NC
- Augusta Akpotu, The University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, TN
- William Koffie, Jr., Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TX
2006 Diversity Scholars Award Recipients:
- Jakarra Jones - Cumberland School of Law- Birmingham, AL
- Laura Bennett - George Washington University Law School-Washington, D.C.
- Karly Rae Schweitzer - Stetson University-Gulfport, FL
- Zach Thomas - University of Kansas School of Law-Lawrence, KS
- David M. Thompson - Duke University Law School-Durham, NC
- Stephania Bondurant - University of South Carolina School of Law-Columbia, SC
- Jodi Hansen - University of Tennessee College of Law-Knoxville, TN
- Shelly Chattopadhyay - The University of Texas at Austin-Austin, TX