577 Mulberry Street
Macon, Georgia 31201-8588T: 478.750.8600
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 1987
- Florida, 1988
Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University, Macon, GA
- J.D., 1987
Mercer University, Macon, GA
- B.A., Sociology, 1982
- Forty-One Constangy, Brooks & Smith Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2014
- Forty-One Constangy, Brooks & Smith Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2013
- Six Constangy Attorneys Honored by Georgia Super Lawyers 2012
- Twenty-Eight Constangy, Brooks & Smith Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2012
- Twenty-Three Constangy, Brooks & Smith Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2011
- Twenty Constangy, Brooks & Smith Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers for 2010
"A wise grandmother used to say 'Follow God and everything else has a way of falling into place.'"
-- Jeff Thompson, Labor Lawyer
Mr. Thompson is a partner with the Macon office of Constangy, Brooks & Smith, LLP. Mr. Thompson’s practice focuses on representing management in employment, litigation, labor matters, providing general advice to clients as well as training clients on preventative measures to avoid litigation. Mr. Thompson has represented firm clients in both State and Federal Court as well as before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, The Georgia Department of Labor and The National Labor Relations Board.
Mr. Thompson is also Labor Counsel to the Georgia Employers Association, on the Board of Directors for The Macon Chapter of The Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM), and serves as Vice Chairman of the Board for the Consumer Credit Counseling Service Inc.
Prior to joining Constangy, Brooks & Smith, Mr. Thompson clerked for the Honorable James R. Tuten of the Superior Court of Brunswick in the Brunswick Georgia Judicial Circuit.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in the publication, Best Lawyers in America
- Named by Georgia Trend's "Legal Elite" as one of the Top 150 Lawyers in Georgia
- Named a Georgia Super Lawyer
- American Bar Association - Labor and Employment Section
- Georgia Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Macon Bar Association
- Georgia Employers Association
- Society of Human Resource Managers Association
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service Inc.
- Macon Chamber of Commerce - General Counsel
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service Inc., Vice Chairman