Abby works closely with Attorney Samaratunga to ensure successful execution of employment-based immigration strategy for corporate clientele. She is guided by Attorney Samaratunga’s expertise to ensure effective outcomes for each case type and to meet client needs. Abby has the unique opportunity to work hands-on in a practice field that allows her to profoundly impact lives while enabling corporate clients to pursue strategic corporate goals. Abby values the constant learning opportunities offered in the complex and ever changing immigration practice field.
Abby interned at the U.S. Department of State, Office of Regional Policy and Coordination for the Bureau of International Organization Affairs. During her internship, she completed the following:
• Drafted and coordinated clearance of strategic policy guidance on high visibility issues involving the United Nations and regional organizations.
• Prepared unclassified and classified briefing materials for senior Department leadership on international issues and interests.
• Built multi-lateral consensus among offices to provide coherent answers to urgent inquiries from Capitol Hill.
Outside the office, Abby spends her time with friends, family, and travelling as much as possible. She has specific interest in exploring cuisines and histories of many different cities and cultures. She can also be found listening to various podcasts to stay up to date on current events and social issues.
- “When we create hope and opportunity in the lives of others, we allow love, decency and promise to triumph over cowardice and hate.”
- Kirsten Gillibrand
- Foreign Labor Certification (PERM)
- I-140 (EB2 & EB3)
- Adjustment of Status
- Employment and Family Based Applications
- All other immigration matters, as needed
Iowa State University
- B.A., 2017
- Major: Political Science; Concentration: International Relations