Ariel Cook is an associate attorney focusing on employment litigation prevention and defense, wage and hour compliance and litigation, and labor relations. Prior to joining Constangy, Ariel served as the Deputy Unit Head of the Consumer Advocacy and Litigation Unit of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc. where she litigated complex consumer and commercial cases, and successfully tried numerous bench trials. While in law school, Ariel worked at the National Consumer Law Center in Boston, Massachusetts. She began her legal career as an Equal Justice Works Fellow at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid.
Ariel also worked as an adjunct professor at Florida Coastal School of Law for over five years, where she taught Pretrial Litigation Drafting; Public Speaking for Lawyers; Interviewing and Counseling; and Poverty Law.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Federal Bar Association
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Court, Pro Bono Committee (2015-present)
- Jacksonville Bar Association Bench and Bar Committee, Pro Bono Liaison (2015-present)
- Florida Bar William Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, Class IV
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Barrister Member, Executive Committee Member and Program Chair (2015-present)
Ariel is married to Rob Cook and has one daughter, Gray. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, and the Green Bay Packers.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- "Privacy in the Workplace," co-presenter, Jacksonville Annual Labor & Employment Law Workshop, March 2019
- "What We’ve Learned from the #MeToo Movement," Jacksonville Annual Labor & Employment Law Workshop, March 2019
- “Targeting the Poor – How Debt Collectors Help Perpetuate the Poverty Cycle,” Florida Coastal Law Review, Volume 17, No 3., Spring, 2016.
- “Enforcement of Foreign Judgments,” presented for the National Consumer Law Center’s Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, November, 2015
Blogs & Videos
- FOCUS Women Leaders in the Workplace, 2.28.18
- “May your life preach more loudly than your lips.”
- William Ellery Channing
- Employment Litigation and Prevention
- Whistleblower and Retaliation
- Labor Relations
- J.D., 2007
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2007