Derek is a dedicated employment defense attorney focused on assisting employers develop, tailor, and implement effective business practices to both prevent and (if necessary) prevail in litigation. By focusing on the unique aspects and objectives of each client as an individual, Derek helps develop a custom-tailored strategy for each client that simultaneously provides both short-term and long-term results. Derek has experience in both single plaintiff and class action defense, especially with cases arising under Title VII, ADA, and the Texas Labor Code. Derek also regularly assists employers with charges of discrimination and retaliation filed with the EEOC and the Texas Workforce Commission.
Derek is known for always being on the move. In his spare time, you can find Derek working out at Orangetheory Fitness, running along the Katy Trail, or playing tennis at local tennis centers.
- "Progress is not inevitable. It is up to us to create it."
- Michael Bloomberg
Texas A&M University School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Texas A&M Law Review
- 3rd Place 2019 ABA National Mediation Competition
Texas A&M University
- B.B.A., Business Honors and Management, summa cum laude, 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Texas, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas