Geoff has close to the three decades of experience representing employers in all facets of labor and employment law, with an emphasis on litigation before the NLRB and the Federal Courts.
In the area of labor law, Geoff has extensive experience in representing employers in NLRB representation proceedings. Geoff also assists employers with managing a union workforce, collective bargaining, including decisional and effects bargaining, strikes, pre-election hearings and post-election hearings, including objection hearings and challenge hearings. He also defends employers before the NLRB with respect to allegations of bad faith bargaining, refusals to furnish requested information, coercion, interrogation, retaliation for engaging in protected concerted, union animus, and discriminatory discharge.
In the area of employment law, Geoff is an experienced employment defense litigator who has secured defense verdicts in Federal Court trials. Geoff also defends employers in employment related matters before various state and federal agencies, provides counseling on compliance with all employment related laws and supervisor training.
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation - Labor and Employment (2023-2024)
Professional & Civic Associations
- Missouri Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Represented a large school bus company in an Objections Hearing before the NLRB in New Mexico that resulted in dismissal of all the Union’s allegations.
- Represented a large school bus company in a Challenge Hearing before the NLRB in New Jersey that resulted in a decision on the challenged ballots that prevented the Union from securing a majority of the valid votes cast.
- Represented a large non-profit organization and secured a decision before the NLRB in Saint Louis finding, among other things, that Leads are supervisors as defined under Section 2(11) of the Act
- Represented a large pharmaceutical company and engaged in decisional and effects bargaining that resulted in close down agreements relating to two facilities.
- Represented a company in a four-week unfair labor practice proceeding before the NLRB in the Chicago Region that resulted in the dismissal of the large majority of the Union’s allegations.
- Represented a large restaurant chain and secured a defense verdict in the Northern District of Illinois wherein the Plaintiff alleged, inter alia, race discrimination.
Saint Louis University
- J.D., 1992
University of Colorado
- B.A., 1988
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin