Not currently licensed in or practicing in Florida (bar exam pending); any work performed in Florida is performed in the role of a law clerk (not attorney) and supervised by a Florida partner.
Gobriella has extensive experience in labor and employment-related litigation and advises a diverse range of clients on a myriad of corporate employment issues. Gobriella has represented employers across various industries in federal and state court, as well as before agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB). She is well-versed in oral advocacy and motion practice during all phases of litigation.
Gobriella also has significant experience conducting internal investigations and advising clients on corporate compliance and diversity matters. She regularly drafts and revises employment handbooks and employment-related policies to comply with state and federal guidelines. She also regularly conducts company-wide training on employment laws, trends, recent case decisions, and best practices for both management and line level employees.
Prior to joining the firm, Gobriella served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Mary S. Scriven in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Gobriella previously worked for two AmLaw 100 firms in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area.
Honors & Recognitions
- National Black Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 (2017)
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- I’Anson-Hoffman American Inn of Court
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- National Black Law Student Association
- UMCP Chapter, Founder and President, 2010-2011
- National Director of the Pre-Law Division, 2013-2014
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- District of Columbia State Bar Association
Gobriella's interests include traveling, dancing, mentoring youth of all ages, crossword puzzles, and mystery novels.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “D.C. Council Approves Expansive Paid Family and Medical Leave,” Lexology, March 2017
- “A Note from the Field: Sureties Beware of Attempts to Extend the Miller Act’s One Year Limitation Period Using the Reaching Back Doctrine,” Lexology, August 2015
- "True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice."Jane Addams
- Harassment & Discrimination Investigations and Defense
- Defense of MSPB and EEOC Charges
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
- Defense of Grievances in Arbitrations
- Management Training
- Policy Analysis and Employment Law Training
- Compliance Audits
William & Mary Law School
- J.D., 2014
- William and Mary Journal of Women and the Law
- Madrid, Spain Summer Study Abroad Program, Summer 2012
- Special Education Advocacy Clinic, Spring 2013
- Student Legal Services, Law Student Volunteer
- City of Williamsburg At-Risk Youth Counselor
University of Maryland
- B.A., Criminal Justice, 2011; Minor, Human Development
- Julia Davis Academic Achievement Award
- College of Behavioral & Social Sciences, Dean’s Academic Scholar Graduate
- National Black Law Student Association - UMCP Chapter, Founder & President
- MICA MVP Leadership Award (2011)
- University Mock Trial Team
- Student Senate Conduct Committee
- National Merit Scholar
Bar & Court Admissions
- Maryland, 2014
- Virginia, 2017
- District of Columbia, 2018
- U.S. District Court of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Not currently licensed in or practicing in Florida (bar exam pending); any work performed in Florida is performed in the role of a law clerk (not attorney) and supervised by a Florida partner.
- Spanish (conversational)