Heather’s practice is devoted to employment litigation and counseling. She represents employers in a broad spectrum of federal and state court litigation and in administrative proceedings, including class actions, wage and hour disputes, claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation and violations of other employment-related laws. Heather also counsels employers on strategies for minimizing potential litigation and is regularly involved in providing advice on the practical and legal implications of everyday employment decisions. Heather assists employers in developing workplace policies and procedures, training their employees, investigating employee complaints, discipline and terminating employees, determining exempt and non-exempt status, and reductions-in-force prior to their occurrence to help ensure legal compliance.
Heather has experience as both a plaintiffs' and defense attorney. After graduating from the LL.M. program, she defended and counseled employers in various employment related matters. Immediately prior to joining Constangy, Heather represented employees in various industries in class and collective action wage and hour law matters involving both state wage and hour laws as well as the FLSA. Heather has both jury and bench trial experience.
Honors & Recognitions
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2014-2016)
Heather enjoys skiing, sailing, reading and spending time with friends and family, which includes her husband, Eric, and their daughter, Ava.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- "He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skills. Our antagonist is our helper."
- Edmund Burke
- Defense of employment litigation
- Defense of class and collective action wage and hour litigation
- Employment law counseling, including wage and hour law compliance and harassment/discrimination investigations
- Employment law training and policy analysis
- Employment litigation prevention
University of Missouri-Kansas City, School of Law
- LL.M., Taxation, 2002
Washburn University School of Law
- J.D., 2001
University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.A., History, 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2001
- Kansas, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas