Heather focuses her practice in the labor and employment practice area, representing her clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, OSHA, and administrative agencies in states covering nearly two-thirds of the US. In addition to developing Affirmative Action Plans and analyzing underlying data for the myriad of reporting requirements federal contractors must comply with, Heather has successfully defended more than 100 compliance audits before the OFCCP. Heather has also defended and received favorable findings for countless charges of discrimination filed with the EEOC and administrative agencies across the US.
As a former Director Equal Employment Opportunity for a major US transportation company, her goal is to provide real-world advice by translating an increasingly complex labor and employment landscape into realistic, effective, and compliant business practices.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association, Infrastructure & Regulated Industries Section
- State Bar of Texas
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Women’s Foundation Inner Circle Member (2017-2018)
- The Arts Council of Fort Worth, Texas, Board of Directors (2016)
National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
Heather enjoys reading, cooking, and health and fitness. She and her husband enjoy watching and cheering on all TCU sports and running long miles with their two vizslas, Dutch and Sammy, who happened to be named after two TCU football legends.
- Defended EEOC investigations in Washington, California, New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Illinois, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, and Texas.
- Defended investigations by state and local agencies in Washington, California, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, and Texas.
- Defended OFCCP compliance audits in the OFCCP’s Southeast, Midwest, Southwest and Rocky Mountain, and Pacific Regions.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “OFCCP to Recognize Innovation and Expand Enforcement,” The OFCCP Digest, Vol. 8, Issue 9, 2018
- “Mobile Devices at Work,” presented at the SHRM-KC Monthly Luncheon, May 2018
- “OFCCP’s Town Hall Action Plan: A Response to Contractors’ Concerns or the U.S. Chamber’s Hard-Hitting Report?,” The OFCCP Digest, Vol. 8, Issue 6, 2018
- "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Harassment and Discrimination Investigations
- Compliance Audits
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
- Employment Law Training
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law
- J.D., 2003
Texas Christian University
- B.S., 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2017
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas