Jeff is a partner with the Macon office of Constangy. His practice focuses on representing management in employment, litigation, labor matters, providing general advice to clients as well as training clients on preventative measures to avoid litigation. Jeff has represented firm clients in both State and Federal Court as well as before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, and the National Labor Relations Board.
Jeff is also Labor Counsel to the Georgia Employers’ Association and serves on the Board of Directors for multiple professional and community organizations, including the Macon Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Navicent Health Foundation, and Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia.
Prior to joining Constangy, Jeff clerked for the Honorable James R. Tuten of the Superior Court of Brunswick in the Brunswick Georgia Judicial Circuit.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America® (2009-2019)
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Labor and Employment Law Section
- The Florida Bar Association
- Georgia Employers’ Association
- Macon Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management, Macon Chapter Board of Directors (2005-present)
- Rescue Mission of Middle Georgia, Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Navicent Health Foundation, Board of Directors (2009-present)
Jeff is a proud husband and father who enjoys playing golf with friends and colleagues. He is an active member of North Macon Presbyterian Church in Macon, Georgia.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “The Biggest Employment Mistakes I’ve Seen in my Career” (tips for avoiding costly litigation in the workplace), presented to Southern Regional Underwriting Conference, June 2017.
- “Latest Legal Developments Every HR Professional Should Know,” Society of Human Resources Management Annual Spring Workshop - HR Essential Principles 4.0, May 2017
- “Social Media and Cell Phone Use in the Workplace: Do's And Don'ts,” presented to Georgia EMC Foreman & Supervisors Association Annual Spring Conference, May 2017
- “Employment Laws Every Manager Should Know,” “Dealing with Difficult Employees,” and other supervisory training courses for employers ranging from small business owners to major healthcare providers and various electric cooperatives throughout Alabama and Georgia.
- “Laws and Regulations Impacting Your Business that are Targeted by the New Administration,” presented to Georgia Employers’ Association 2017 Spring Leadership Conference, March 2017
- "A wise grandmother used to say 'Follow God and everything else has a way of falling into place.'"
- Jeff Thompson, Labor Lawyer
- Proactive and Interactive Management Training
- Employment Litigation Defense
- Defense of Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Charges
- Multi-State Policy and Handbook Reviews
- Harassment Investigations and Defense
- Compliance Audits
- Union Avoidance Counseling and Campaigns
- Defense of National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Charges
- Employment Litigation Defense and Mediation
Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
- J.D., 1987
- B.A., Sociology, 1982
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 1987
- Florida, 1988