Jena is a go-to litigator for a wide variety of employers. She is a member of the firm’s Franchise Industry, Employment Litigation, Class Action Litigation, and Labor Relations Practice Groups.
Jena defends employers in employment litigation involving anti-discrimination laws, wage and hour compliance, whistleblower actions, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, traditional labor matters, and other employment torts and contract disputes. She has represented clients nationwide against single-plaintiff suits, multi-plaintiff suits, and class and collective actions. She defends clients in state and federal courts, as well before the EEOC, Department of Labor, and other administrative agencies.
Jena’s defense of clients crosses over many industries, including manufacturing, franchising, healthcare, restaurants, and retailers. Jena also regularly advises employers on a wide variety of employment issues, including effective employment policies and procedures, compliance programs, employee discipline, litigation avoidance, reductions-in-force, separation agreements, and internal investigations.
Honors & Recognitions
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers® (2007, 2009, 2012)
- Rising Star, Virginia Super Lawyers® (2014-2017)
- Rising Star, Washington DC Super Lawyers® (2015-2017)
Jena enjoys fishing, Braves' baseball, and classical ballet.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- Lorman's "Covenants Not to Compete" seminar (Annual Presenter)
Blogs & Videos
- “An intellectual is a man who says a simple thing in a difficult way; an artist is a man who says a difficult thing in a simple way.”
- Charles Bukowski
- Employment litigation prevention and defense
- Review and development of handbooks and policies
- Franchising industry
- Traditional labor law
- Covenants not to compete
Georgia State University
- J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Research Editor, Georgia State University Law Review
- Pupil, Bleckley Inn of Court
Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S., summa cum laude, International Affairs, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia, 2016
- Virginia, 2011
- Georgia, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia