John brings a strong background in the areas of employment litigation, wage and hour compliance and labor relations. He is one of few lawyers to hold Board Certification in Labor and Employment Law from The Florida Bar.
Before merging with Constangy, John was a partner in the law firm of Malfitano Campbell & Dickinson.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America© (1993-2020)
- Chambers USA Guide
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (Inducted 2017)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2006-2020)
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite
- Leading Florida Attorneys
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Labor & Employment Star by Benchmark Litigation (2019)
Professional & Civic Associations
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida, Inc.
- Rotary Club of San Marco
John is married and the father of two daughters. John is an avid fisherman and vintage car collector.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
"Dealing with Government Agencies," Jacksonville Annual Labor & Employment Law Workshop, March 2019
- "Treat every client's problem as though it were your own. Strive to maintain the strongest work ethic possible. Success will follow."
- John Dickinson, Litigator
- Employment Litigation (state and federal courts)
- Traditional Labor Law
- Wage and Hour Compliance
- J.D., cum laude, 1975
- Administrative Editor, Mercer Law Review
- B.A. English, magna cum laude, 1972
- Phi Eta Sigma Honorary Society
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 1975
- Georgia, 1975