Though Laura feels most at home in the courtroom, she navigates conflict resolution outside of court just as deftly. Laura has extensive experience representing clients in discrimination, wage dispute and other employment matters, in both federal and state courts, as well as in various administrative agencies. She has been featured in MA Lawyers’ Weekly for her representation in such wage matters.
Laura equally enjoys representing large institutions and companies, as well as smaller businesses. Aside from her courtroom practice, she sets herself apart by building strong, personal relationships with her clients, and implementing innovative solutions and arguments to each of her cases. She believes that the practice of law should be as creative as it is strategic. Laura comes from a diverse civil litigation practice, but now focuses on employment law and litigation.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021)
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers® (2020)
Professional & Civic Associations
- MA Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Town of Rockport Zoning Board of Appeals (2020)
- International Women’s Writing Association (2007 – present)
Laura was born in Transylvania, and her family escaped Communist Romania before the Iron Curtain fell. Since then, she’s lived in Calgary, Toronto, Chicago, Boston and New York. She met her husband in Manhattan, where she also became a mother to their son. Love of travel is in Laura’s blood, and she enjoys adventuring to any new place she can get to. Her favorites are Venice and Rome, but Appalachian Pennsylvania and Shanghai, China also pleasantly surprised her. Laura enjoys any activity that involves animals and nature (scuba diving and horseback riding included), and cooking with her son and husband. She is currently attempting to teach her son Italian.
- Represented a national public safety company in an age and gender discrimination matter at MCAD. Negotiated a successful settlement in mediation.
- Won summary judgment on a matter involving Wage Act claims.
- Represented a major Ivy League MA university in a Wage Act matter. Negotiated a successful settlement in mediation.
- Represented an international company based in Japan in an age discrimination matter. Won on partial summary judgment and successfully negotiated a settlement of the remaining claims.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- I periodically return to NYU to guest lecture on International Law topics. (2016- present)
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
- Abraham Lincoln
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
- Defense of MCAD and EEOC Charges
- Defense of Discriminations Claims
- Defense of Wage Claims
- Mediation Services
Suffolk Law School
- J.D., 2016
- Magna Cum Laude
- Best Oral Advocate Award
- Dean’s List
- Editor of the Journal on Law and Social Responsibility
- Sargent scholarship
- Suffolk Law School Women’s Law Association
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
New York University
- B.A., 2012
- Summa Cum Laude
- Dean’s List
- Founder’s Day Award
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the District of MA, 2018