Matthew represents employers in single-plaintiff and collective-action employment matters, discrimination, wage and hour, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination cases, before state and federal courts, administration agencies, and in arbitration and mediation.
Prior to joining Constangy, Matthew was an associate at a national litigation defense firm, and an employment law clerk with the in-house legal team at a large entertainment media company. Matthew has also volunteered with the public interest firm, Bet Tzedek Legal Services, working on Housing Rights and Elder Abuse matters.
While at the University of Oregon, School of Law, Matthew was a judicial extern for the Honorable Chief District Judge Ann Aiken of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon and also served as Executive Editor of the Oregon Law Review.
Professional & Civic Associations
- California State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law
- Hotel Management, 8.27.18
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- "How a narrow joint-employment standard benefits hotels," Hotel Management, August 2018
- “Roundtable: Mentoring New Lawyers – Learning From the Past,” Valley Lawyer Magazine, February 2018
- “The Old and The New: Practice Areas for New Lawyers,” Valley Lawyer Magazine, December 2016
Blogs & Videos
- Employment & Labor Insider, 2.21.19
- "Barbeque may not be the road to world peace, but it’s a start."
- Anthony Bourdain
- Employment Litigation Prevention and Defense
- Sexual Harassment Investigations and Defense
- Wage and Hour Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
University of Oregon, School of Law
- J.D., 2015
- Executive Editor, Oregon Law Review
- Oregon Law Review Editor’s Choice Award Recipient
- Oregon Law Students Public Interest Fund Award Recipient
University of California Berkeley
- B.A., Political Economy w/ minor in Public Policy, 2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Spanish (conversational)