Matt regularly represents a diverse range of clients in employment litigation. His practice focuses primarily on state and federal discrimination suits, the defense and enforcement of restrictive covenants, and wage and hour claims. Matt has also worked with colleges, universities, and other private schools on the unique employment issues which frequently arise in academia. Matt appears before state and federal agencies, including the MCAD and EEOC, as well as state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Constangy, Matt worked as an associate at Foley Hoag LLP and Rose, Chinitz & Rose. During law school, he served as an Enforcement Intern at the MCAD.
Matt is a lifelong fan of the Boston Red Sox. Among his most prized possessions are a baseball autographed by Nomar Garciaparra and a Willie Mays retirement card.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- “Courage is a special kind of knowledge: the knowledge of how to fear what ought to be feared and how not to fear what ought not to be feared.”
- David Ben Gurion
- Defense of EEOC and MCAD charges
- Federal and state litigation
- Restrictive covenant litigation
Boston University School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- Edward F. Hennessey Scholar
- Boston University International Law Journal
- B.A., summa cum laude, 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alfred H. Imlah Excellence in History Prize
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Spanish (conversational)