Oscar joined the firm after four years of litigating on behalf of public entities. He enjoys the practice of employment law because it offers the opportunity to litigate as well as assist clients in reducing the risk of lawsuits. Because employers face tremendous risks due to the relative ease with which lawsuits can be filed and the difficulty and costs of defense, employers should implement policies and procedures to manage such risks and prevent lawsuits, or be prepared with good evidence if sued. In this respect, Oscar enjoys advising and training clients and their employees in areas of greatest exposure. Oscar, who is fluent in Spanish, regularly conducts training and investigations in Spanish as well as handles litigation cases where the majority of witnesses are Spanish speaking.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Mexican American Bar Association, Los Angeles
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
Oscar loves hiking, mountain biking, salsa dancing and snowboarding.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- "Justice is the tolerable accommodation of the conflicting interests of society, and I don't believe there is any royal road to attain such accommodation concretely. "
- Judge Learned Hand
- Employment Law -- Sexual harassment, discrimination, litigation, wage and hour matters, administrative investigation representatino, and advise
UCLA School of Law
- J.D., 2000
University of California, Riverside
- B.S., Business Administration-Finance, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California