Phillip counsels and represents employers in a wide variety of labor and employment matters, including employee hiring, separation, severance, discipline, terminations, demotions, reductions in force, sexual harassment avoidance and various internal employee investigations. He assists employers with drafting settlement packages, agreements, general releases, employee policies and employee handbooks. Phillip also defends employers in discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, whistle-blower, retaliation, employment/business torts and wrongful termination litigation in both state and federal courts and before the Department of Labor, the EEOC, and state and local human rights commissions. He has secured dismissals for employers in both federal and state courts, as well as with the Department of Labor, the EEOC, and the Florida Commission on Human Relations.
Phillip's employment law practice encompasses many industries, including banking and finance, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, housing, electrical, insurance, retail, restaurant, and not-for-profit industries.
Honors & Recognitions
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers® (2013-2020)
- Under 40 Executive Up and Comer, Tampa Bay Business Journal (2016)
- Up and Comer, Florida Trend - Legal Elite (2013)
- "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
- George S. Patton, Jr.
Stetson University College of Law
- J.D., 2007
- Editor, Stetson Law Review
- Editor, Journal of International Law and Policy
- Book Award, Research and Writing
University of Tampa
- B.A., 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida