Sean Douthard focuses his practice on defending management in all aspects of employment related litigation. Sean has experience representing employers in state and federal courts against claims involving discrimination and retaliation, harassment, non-competition litigation, and wage and hour disputes. Sean also represents employers in drafting and evaluating employment agreements, non-compete agreements, employee handbooks, and workplace policies.
In addition to his practice, Sean serves as the Florida contributor for 50 Employment Laws in 50 States, a nationally published human resource guide, and as a guest editor for the Florida Employment Law Letter.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
In his free time, Sean enjoys working out, running in local races, and jogging along Tampa’s Bayshore Boulevard. Sean is also a die-hard FSU football fan.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- Tampa Marriott Westshore
- Employment litigation
- Wage and hour law
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation prevention and litigation
- Trade secret, non-competition, and non-solicitation law
Florida Coastal School of Law
- J.D., 2012
Florida State University
- B.S., 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida