Stacy’s practice focuses on representing employers in employment litigation, ranging from single-plaintiff cases to class and collective actions, as well as counseling employers on various employment and human resources issues. She has successfully defended clients in actions before administrative agencies and state and federal courts involving employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims brought under Title VII, 42 U.S.C. 1981, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and various state anti-discrimination statutes. Stacy has extensive experience representing companies in matters involving non-compete agreements and the protection of trade secrets and other confidential information. She also regularly counsels employers regarding a wide range of employment and human resources issues, including wage and hour compliance, personnel policies, employment agreements and employee handbooks.
A key focus of Stacy's practice is defending employers against class and collective actions. In that regard, she has been extensively involved in the defense of several nationwide and statewide class action lawsuits, including pattern and practice lawsuits brought by the EEOC, collective actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and consumer class action suits filed against major corporations involving sales and marketing practices and insurance coverage. Her clients have included Fortune 200 and other large companies in the transportation, healthcare, technology, retail, financial services, accounting, insurance, and hospitality industries.
Honors & Recognitions
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Associate editor, The University of Colorado Law Review
- Legal Aid Award, University of Colorado School of Law
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Lead counsel in numerous federal court employment discrimination cases, including discrimination and harassment cases based on sex, race, age and disability.
- Lead counsel in numerous state court cases and proceedings before state agencies, including wrongful discharge, restrictive covenant and trade secret cases.
- Representation of a large restaurant group in a nationwide pattern and practice civil action filed by the EEOC involving allegations of systemic discrimination against female employees regarding promotion and pay practices, under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Representation of a national transportation services provider in a multi-plaintiff racial harassment case filed under 42 U.S.C. § 1981.
- Representation of a large telecommunications company in a nationwide collective action filed under the Fair Labor Standards Act alleging overtime violations.
- Obtaining summary judgment in a sex and age discrimination lawsuit filed in federal court against a national financial services company, including prevailing on appeal.
- Defeating class certification in a wage and hour case brought against a large dairy producer in federal court based on state wage law.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- Class Action Outlook - Winter 2016 - 1.27.16
- “The best way out is always through.”
- Robert Frost
University of Colorado
- J.D., 2002
- B.A., cum laude, 1995
Bar & Court Admissions
- Colorado, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan