Stephanie practices law with a single primary objective: to guide and assist her clients in the defense of labor and employment matters. She counsels her clients on how to comply with federal and state laws, prevent lawsuits, and prepare for and proceed with litigation. She represents a wide range of employers and has experience in a myriad of employment matters including employment contracts and non-compete provisions, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, and alleged wrongful termination claims. Stephanie also assists clients in responding to administrative complaints and investigations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Stephanie recognizes that the employer-employee relationship is ever changing and the laws that pertain to this relationship change as well. For this reason, Stephanie believes it is important not only to address pressing matters for clients, but also to provide current and relevant advice in the areas that are most important to them in order to reduce the amount of matters in the future. Stephanie enjoys working directly with her clients to solve their critical employment issues, which once resolved, allows them the freedom to better operate their business.
Honors & Recognitions
- AAUW Selected Professional Fellow (2013-2014)
- Association of Corporate Counsel Scholar (2012)
- Gates Millennium Scholar and Alumna (2004 – present)
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association
- Lawyer’s Association for Women – Nashville Chapter
- Houston Bar Association
- Growth in Boston, DC, LA, Nashville, 2.1.18
Stephanie was born and raised in Fresno, California. She enjoys traveling and spending time with friends and family.
- Represents major trucking transportation, service, and distribution company in defense of EEOC claims.
Blogs & Videos
- FOCUS Women Leaders in the Workplace, 7.17.18
- "Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you."
- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Defense of EEOC Charges
- Employment Policy Analysis, Formulations, and Advice
- Defense of Grievances in Arbitrations
- Employment Contract Analysis, Preparation, and Enforcement
South Texas College of Law
- J.D., cum laude, 2014
- Certified mediator, Frank Evans Mediation Center
- Completion of Transactional Skill Program
- Dean’s List, 2011-2014
- B.A., English and Communication Studies, 2008
- Student journalist for the Vanderbilt Hustler
Bar & Court Admissions
- Tennessee, 2017
- Texas, 2014
- Southern District of Texas (Houston Division), 2015