Steve focuses his practice in the areas of labor relations, union avoidance consulting and campaigns, NLRB litigation and employee relations counseling. He is also the Co-Chair of the firm's labor relations practice group.
Before joining Constangy, Steve was a partner in the law firm of Shook, Hardy and Bacon.
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America© (2013-2018)
- Top One Hundred Labor Attorneys in the United States by Labor Relations Institute, Inc.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Chapter Attorney - Heart of America Chapter - Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- "Don’t let ‘Change to Win’ Win," Your Voice, The Newsletter of Associated Industries of Missouri, August 2005
- Traditional Labor Law
- Union Avoidance Consulting and Campaigns
- NLRB Litigation
- Employee Relations Counseling
- Wage and Hour Compliance
- J.D., with honors, 1985
Kansas State University
- B.S., Social Science, 1981
- Dean's List; Academic All Big 8 Football Team
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 1985
- Kansas, 1986