Stephen represents companies exclusively in employment cases. He has handled cases from New York to Texas to Hawaii. His recent cases have involved single and multi-plaintiff discrimination claims, theft of trade secrets, and employment-related torts. What sets him apart from other employment lawyers is his attention to each case and plain English writing style. Before starting at Constangy, he clerked for a federal judge in Hawaii and then practiced employment law at an international law firm in Texas.
In addition to his litigation practice, Stephen regularly advises companies about federal, state, and local employment laws and data privacy and security laws.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Member, American Bar Association
Stephen enjoys stand up paddle surfing, whitewater rafting, and finding the best bagels and ice cream in New York City. He is a lifelong Dallas Mavericks and Cowboys fan.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- New York Employment Law Update - 1.17.17
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “EEOC Files Groundbreaking Sexual Orientation Discrimination Suits” (Co-Author), ACC Docket, April 2016
- “I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying.”
- Andy Dufresne
- Unfair Competition and State and Federal Trade Secret
- Federal, State, and City Antidiscrimination Law
- Federal and New York State Family Medical Leave Laws
- Defense of EEOC Charges
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
- Employment-Related Torts, Including Defamation
- Stephen served as a law clerk to The Honorable Alan C. Kay in the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawai'i.
The University of Texas School of Law
- J.D., 2013
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
- Order of the Coif
The University of Texas
- B.A., 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, 2017
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas