Tiffany is a Senior Counsel in the San Francisco office, where she represents employers in single-plaintiff and multi-plaintiff lawsuits in state and federal court and before administrative agencies. She regularly defends employers in lawsuits alleging causes of action for discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wage and hour violations, and other statutory and common-law claims arising from the employment relationship. In addition to her litigation practice, Tiffany also provides day-to-day counseling advice to employers.
She is exceptionally skilled in all facets of courtroom advocacy, fact gathering, discovery, law and motion practice, and legal research. She is often able to resolve matters quickly and efficiently, through creative and sometimes unconventional case strategy. When matters cannot be resolved outside the courtroom, Tiffany is prepared to litigate them to their conclusion – she has extensive trial experience in both state and federal court, as well as appellate experience before the California Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit.
Her clients include public and private sector employers in a broad range of industries, including retail, healthcare, higher education, and automotive.
Prior to joining Constangy, Tiffany worked as a litigator at LTL Attorneys LLP and Bartko, Zankel, Bunzel & Miller.
Honors & Recognitions
- Northern California Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” (2018–2021)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- California Bar Association, Section on Labor and Employment Law
- Adjunct Faculty in Litigation at Golden Gate University School of Law, 2013-2019
Tiffany lives in Marin County with her husband, son, and two dogs. She loves to travel and enjoy the outdoors with her family. In addition to her law practice, Tiffany is the owner and designer of a children’s clothing brand.
Trial, Arbitration and Appellate Experience
- Co-chair of trial team representing Kaiser Permanente in one California’s first associational disability lawsuits under FEHA.
- Co-chair of appellate team defending Walmart Associates, Inc. against appeal; principal drafter of appellate brief filed in connection therewith; matter pending.
- Co-chair of trial team representing Pinkette Clothing, Inc. against leading cosmetic company regarding alleged infringement of the LUSH mark; obtained full defense verdict.
- Co-chair of appellate team defending Pinkette Clothing, Inc. against Ninth Circuit appeal and principal drafter of appellee brief filed in connection therewith; obtained full affirmation of district court ruling.
- Second-chair of arbitration team representing SanDisk International in AAA arbitration proceeding against unfair competition claim; obtained full defense verdict.
- Member of trial team representing Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences against leading domain name registrar in lawsuit involving violations of the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.
Representative Employment Matters
- Counsel for Walmart, Inc. in multiple single-plaintiff employment matters, including at the appellate level.
- Counsel for Kaiser Permanente in multiple single-plaintiff employment matters.
- Counsel for American Honda Finance Corp. in multiple single-plaintiff employment matters.
- Counsel for Efficient Drivetrains in Labor Commission hearing regarding wage and hour claims.
- “Play by the rules, but be ferocious."Phil Knight
- Litigation, Trials, Arbitrations and Appeals
- Employment Litigation, Prevention and Defense
- Wrongful Termination, Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Leaves of Absence and Disability Accommodation
- Wage and Hour Compliance and Litigation
- Employment Policy Formulation and Advice
Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D., with honors, 2013
- Competition Mock Trial Team
- Dean’s List
Washington State University
- B.A., 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 2013
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California