Data privacy and security impacts businesses in every industry. In today’s world of fast-paced innovation, technology has made it possible for companies to collect and use staggering amounts of sensitive information concerning customers, employees, and other third parties. As technology outpaces the law, managing and protecting sensitive information has become more challenging than ever and the stakes have never been higher.
What Sets Us Apart
Constangy’s Data Privacy and Cyber Security team understands the evolving nature of information management and the technologies involved to effectively and efficiently assist clients with their most sensitive privacy and security matters. Our mix of diverse and multi-disciplinary lawyers help companies manage their information from acquisition to disposal, including navigating the myriad federal, state, and local laws governing the collection, retention, use, and destruction of sensitive information.
What We Do
We are dedicated to helping guide companies through their data privacy and security challenges. We work closely with clients on all aspects of data security and information management, including:
- Compliance counseling and risk assessment
- Proactive audits
- Incident Response policies, planning, and risk mitigation
- Data Breach and Incident Response investigation and litigation
- HIPAA compliance and audit responses
- Vendor management and agreements
- Data transfer and protection
Because we understand that timing is critical, Constangy’s Data Privacy and Cyber Security team is here to help at a moment’s notice. Our combined experience enables us to respond to clients’ needs quickly and efficiently to ensure that small challenges do not become large problems.
- Assisted national third-party ERISA administrator, with more than one million individuals’ records to protect, in developing and implementing a comprehensive data privacy and cyber security program and related training.
- Assisted national financial services company with regulatory compliance and cross-border data transfers.
- Advised international steel company concerning its vendors’ collection, storage, and use of employees’ personal and health information for the company’s internal purposes.
- Assisted numerous companies with data breach response plans, investigations and compliance with data breach laws, and defending against related regulatory actions.
- Assisted numerous companies with vendor management programs, including indemnity and data ownership, privacy, and security provisions in vendor agreements.
News & Analysis
- Briefings & Seminars, Nashville Bar Association, 10.27.17