With the rapidly increasing number of states that have legalized medical and recreational marijuana, employers are in need of counsel on how to stand firm. Currently, 26 states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana, and four states now allow recreational use. We expect eight to nine more states to adopt expanded marijuana laws after the November 8 elections. This webinar will walk employers through the seven steps they should take to stand firm and protect their workplaces from the adverse effects of marijuana use by employees, including the following:
- Identify the safety-related and other risks associated with marijuana use
- Know the medical marijuana laws and current employment cases on medical marijuana
- Upgrade job descriptions to include safety language directly applicable to marijuana use
- Make it "all about safety" in supervisory training
- Decide now on your drug-free workplace policy options when dealing with marijuana
- Understand the interplay between the Americans with Disabilities Act and workplace drug testing employer obligations
- Develop a legal strategy.
Tommy Eden is a Partner with Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP. He works in the firm's Workplace Drug & Alcohol Testing Practice Area and has developed employer policies for all 50 states and all DOT Agency modes. Tommy is a national speaker on the subject of marijuana in the workplace and other workplace drug testing topics.
REGISTRATION IS COMPLIMENTARY, BUT SPACE IS LIMITED
Thursday, November 17, 2016
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. ET
For more information, please contact Kian Wint at email@example.com.