Recently, the Centers of Disease Control and…
A cornucopia of new laws, effective now or soon.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is…
UPDATE (Saturday, 9/26): The nominee is ACB!
And a Republican majority.
Reminder: Don’t forget to file VETS-4212 Reports.
March 15, 1933 - September 18, 2020.
Don't rely on the initial list posted!
New material since Friday.
This information could come in handy for employers.
On September 8, a federal judge in the Southern District…
The OFCCP seeks an online certification process.
In August, a federal judge in New…
Corporate Scheduling Announcement Lists are out!
The EEOC updated its guidance this week.
The draft is at the White House as we speak.
I'll keep this short.
Three new FAQs, all related to school closings.
ERISA litigation tends to spike when economic…
Bill would require small employers to provide leave.
On August 8, President Trump issued…
Strange news from these crazy times.
In light of his Supreme Court win in June.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, roughly 24…
A study says you're losing 15 minutes of valuable work…
On August 14, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration…
An easy-to-read guide that works for all employees…
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration…
Nuances you never thought possible.
The EEOC has started issuing right-to-sue letters again.
If you have ever played in or watched a game in which the…
In July, the Occupational Safety and Health…
A resume liar, or a candidate who gives you the hard truth?
- NewsletterHong Kong visa applicants now subject to new immigration restrictions under Presidential Executive OrderConstangy FYI, 7.30.20
- NewsletterICE continues to block new or “initial” foreign students from entering if their degree programs go online for the fall7.29.20
The U.S. Department of State has issued some…
In 2019, the Massachusetts Legislature passed a Paid…
. . . and an alternate universe without it.
- NewsletterVirginia becomes first state to issue Emergency Temporary Standard comprehensively addressing COVID-197.22.20
On July 15, the Virginia Safety and Health Code Boards…
FYI! Read ASAP!
Looking pretty on camera is the least of our worries.
- NewsletterICE rescinds policy “at courthouse steps”: Foreign students will be allowed to take all-online courses this fall7.16.20
The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has…
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has…
The FMCSA will exercise "enforcement flexibility."
Test your knowledge!
This year has come in like a lion and -- with the pandemic…
On July 2, the Occupational Safety and Health…
Right before the July 4 holiday, Gov. Roy Cooper (D…
The Final Rule is out, and it’s good news!
The DOL's Wage and Hour Division tells us how it will look…
- NewsletterSupreme Court of Georgia revises “rest break exception” to workers’ comp: But how Farr did Frett go?7.1.20
Monitoring employees isn’t a new or novel idea…
- NewsletterHit the Reset Button: NLRB restores precedent on bargaining obligations for discretionary discipline6.29.20
On June 23, the National Labor Relations Board issued a…
During the final moments of the 2020 legislative…
Only YOU can prevent a social media firestorm.
A group of employees in California recently went on…
The National Labor Relations Board has announced that…
The increased flexibility will be in effect through…
An ambiguity in the agency's prior guidance has been…
This is not your usual summer, Gentle Reader.
n a 6-3 decision written by Justice Neil Gorsuch, the…
The Trump Administration is reportedly contemplating…
Health care providers are struggling with an acute…
And, remember those wellness regulations? New ones are…
Yesterday the Occupational Safety and Health…
The case is now moot, says the D.C. Circuit.
The waiver is in effect through September 30.
But no word on when the votes will take place.
Yesterday the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration…
The Department of Labor has issued new FAQs.
A cautionary tale.
On May 24, President Trump amended…
The Justice Department is prosecuting a case of alleged…
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S…
Should Rebekah Jones' arrest record be an issue…
Here's how employers can help families.
- NewsletterFrequently Asked Questions when taking employee temperatures as a COVID-19 precaution in the United States5.19.20
As retail, food service, and other industries continue…
- NewsletterNew regulations expected to expand applicability of OT exemption for commissioned retail sales workers5.19.20
It's not as large as you'd think.
The case will go on.
In an effort to flatten the curve of pandemic-related…
Federal contractors must begin using the new form by…
Thinking of you.
The EEOC clarifies its position on COVID-vulnerable…
Some good coronavirus news.
At long last, the Illinois Department of Human Rights…
We're back in business, baby! (Sorta.)
The Coronavirus pandemic has shuttered much economic…
Gov. Newsom expands leave to food sector workers.
PUA, FPUC, PEUC -- TMA (Too Many Acronyms)!
Online snark can be an unfair labor practice.
Before 2019, the New York State Election Law required…
The self-proclaimed first wrongful death lawsuit…
In a nod to the challenges facing many employers during…
The coronavirus pandemic is creating a set of…
Mediation, efficiency, and ombuds service.
Employers and insurance carriers have already begun to…
OFCCP updates annual hiring benchmark for protected…
National origin, race, age, pregnancy -- and coronavirus.
On March 16, the City and County of San Francisco issued…
- NewsletterThe COVID crisis makes this the perfect time to assess risks associated with employment verification4.15.20
Because of coronavirus, U.S. employers have had to…
- NewsletterNew Jersey WARN Act now excludes mass layoffs caused by national emergency and delays effective date of 2019 amendmentsConstangy FYI, 4.15.20
On April 14, 2020, Gov. Phil Murphy signed…
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has…
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and The…
As if data security weren’t tough enough already…
- Constangy TV4.14.20
Host Leigh Tyson interviews . . . Leigh Tyson, as she…
Like many other states, South Carolina has taken steps…
The Economic Injury Disaster Loan program is a disaster…
As employers in the Commonwealth contemplate…
The OFCCP’s Scheduling Letters have been updated…
Large employers will have to provide COVID-19 leave.
Gov. Brian Kemp (R) has placed the State of Georgia under…
On March 14, the Occupational Safety and Health…
- NewsletterPaid Sick Leave Under the FFCRA: What Does It Mean To Be Unable To Work Due To A Quarantine or Isolation Order?4.7.20
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act requires…
Effective April 6, 2020, Missouri implemented…
As the COVID-19 pandemic persists, U.S. employers are…
Under the CARES Act, a small business employer (a…
Yesterday the U.S. Department of Labor issued…
- NewsletterDon’t Forget About the Affordable Care Act! An important reminder when determining health plan eligibility after a reduction of hours or during a leave of absence4.2.20
Employers considering reducing employee work hours or…
- NewsletterIRS provides guidance to employers on coronavirus tax credits, and announces employee retention credit4.1.20
As most of our readers are aware by now, employers who are…