Claire is a partner in Constangy's Macon office. She graduated from Florida State University (B.A., 2001) and Mercer University School of Law (J.D. 2006). She is a member of the Labor and Employment section and the Workers' Compensation sections of the State Board of Georgia.
Claire represents employers and insurers in all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, including mediation, subrogation and appeals. Claire has tried numerous workers’ compensation cases involving various legal issues, including occupational disease claims, catastrophic designation, psychological injuries and claims involving Medicare's right to recovery. Claire has devoted her practice to the representation of Employers and Insurers across the state of Georgia.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Macon Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
During her spare time, Claire enjoys watching all things Florida State, attending concerts, crafting, and spending time with her husband, daughter and son.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law: Avoiding Common Pitfalls,” presented for Georgia Employer’s Association/Piedmont Orthopedic Complex regional seminar, “Better, Faster, Stronger,” May 2017
- “Nuts and Bolts of Georgia Workers’ Compensation Law,” presented for GACCP regional seminars, October 2016; February 2017
- “Managing a Claim from Injury to Return to Work” (Co-Author), Advanced Workers’ Compensation, Sterling Education Services, Inc., 2012
- “Workers’ Compensation for the General Practitioner” (Co-Author), presented for Mercer University Law School Continuing Legal Education Program, March 2009
- “I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.”
- John D. Rockefeller
- Management Training
- Subrogation intervention
- Panel of Physician review and audit
Mercer University School of Law
- J.D., 2006
Florida State University
- B.A., French, 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 2006
- Georgia Superior Courts