Evan advises and represents regional and national employers on all manner of employment issues. He focuses his practice on defending employers in single and multi-plaintiff litigation in state and federal courts. His experience includes matters involving:
- Discrimination and harassment,
- Breach of Contract,
- The Family and Medical Leave Act,
- The Fair Labor Standards Act,
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act, and
- Labor-management relations.
Evan has also been seconded to in-house employment practice with multiple global employers. During those times, Evan advised internal business clients on employment issues ranging from leave and accommodation requests to reductions in force to wage and hour questions. Evan draws on this and his litigation experience to provide regular advice and counsel to employers and help develop and implement appropriate policies and practices.
Prior to joining Constangy, Evan practiced in the Kansas City offices of two national labor and employment law firms.
In law school, Evan was an editor of the Kansas Law Review and judicial intern for Hon. Carlos Murguia of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. He was a member of the Moot Court Council, and as a participant in the In-House Moot Court Competition, he was recognized for best over-all brief on issue involving ERISA preemption. In Tulane University’s National Sports Law Invitational Competition, he won best overall brief, in which he addressed labor law issues.
Honors & Recognitions
- Rising Star, Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers (2014-2020)
Professional & Civic Associations
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Barrister
University of Kansas School of Law
- J.D., 2012
- Order of the Coif
- Payne and Jones Award for Best Oral Advocate
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Labor Law, Pretrial Advocacy, Legal Research and Writing II
St. Louis University
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- Missouri, 2012
- Kansas, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana