Jacob’s practice focuses on employment litigation where he assists employers in defense of labor and employment matters in federal and state courts. Jacob has experience with lawsuits involving discrimination/harassment, retaliation, common law wrongful discharge, Title VII, The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Act.
Jacob is a hyper-competitive individual who believes strongly in being a zealous advocate for his clients. Additionally, Jacob believes in maintaining a strong and effective line of communication between him and his clients in order to ensure that he is advocating to the peak of his abilities. Jacob believes that in order to serve as an effective advocate, he needs to be able to relate to and understand all surrounding circumstances of the problems that his clients bring to him. With the understanding that the livelihood of our client’s businesses are often at stake when being challenged with various legal problems, Jacob takes it upon his self to ensure that he achieves the best possible outcome for each legal matter he undertakes on behalf of the firm’s clients.
Jacob enjoys spending time with his wife Lisa. He is an avid football fan, and enjoys cheering on the Tennessee Titans and Tennessee Vols. Jacob's hobbies include playing sports. Jacob plays in various recreational Nashville sports leagues where he plays flag football, basketball, kickball and softball. Jacob also enjoys playing golf.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “The NFL and Opioid Abuse: Choosing the Best Route to Tackle a Difficult Problem,” Belmont Health Law Journal, October 2020.
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”Michael Jordan
Belmont University College of Law
- J.D., 2021
- Editor – Health Law Journal
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- B.S., Economics, 2017
Bar & Court Admissions
- Indiana, 2023
- Ohio, 2023
- Tennessee, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee