Jason represents employers and insurers in all aspects of workers’ compensation litigation, including mediation, subrogation and appeals. Jason has tried numerous workers’ compensation cases involving various legal issues, such as the idiopathic defense, catastrophic designation, WC-240 (Return to Work), medical benefits, psychological injuries, and diligent job search cases. After many years of representing large, self-insured employers and hospitals, Jason fully understands the intangible costs of workers compensation claims, as well as the importance of sending the right message to the workforce.
Jason also defends employers against EEOC charges of sex, race and disability discrimination, which often times overlap with workers’ compensation claims. Jason also represents employers in garnishment litigation. Jason has presented at countless seminars and training sessions for employers and insurers across Georgia on workers’ compensation, ADA, FMLA, unemployment claims and garnishment matters.
Jason practices out of Constangy’s Macon office and serves numerous Middle and South Georgia clients. Jason is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Macon Bar Association.
Professional & Civic Associations
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Middle District of Georgia
- Middle Georgia Employers Committee, Legislative Chair
- Central Georgia Technical College Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Macon Bar Association
- Ingleside Baptist Church
Jason enjoys spending time with his family, the outdoors and, when he can't find an excuse to do anything else, exercising. In the Fall, Jason enjoys watching Georgia Football. The rest of the year, Jason looks forward to the Fall.
News & Analysis
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- "Changes on the Way for Georgia Workers' Compensation Claims," Workplace Health, April 2013
- "The Changing Winds of the Bermuda Triangle," Workers' Compensation Law, State Bar of Georgia, Summer/Fall 2009
- What are the Red Flag Rules of Identity Theft?
- Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act and E-Verify
- Integrated Claims Management System of Georgia Workers' Compensation
- FMLA Updates
- Advanced Techniques in Defending Workers' Compensation Claims
- Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act
- Nuts and Bolts of Workers' Compensation
- The Bermuda Triangle of ADA, FMLA & Workers' Compensation
- Return to Work Issues in Workers' Compensation
- “Employer's Corner” (Monthly Column), the Macon Telegraph
- "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
- Winston Churchill
- Workers' Compensation Defense
Stetson University College of Law
- J.D., 2004
University of Georgia
- B.A., 2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia