Obasi is a trusted legal advisor and practitioner to business owners, in-house counsel, and human resources professionals in all areas of employment and labor law, including administrative claims of harassment; retaliation and discrimination claims on the basis of age, race, sex, and disability; wrongful discharge and breach of contract issues; and covenant not to compete disputes. Obasi also represents employers before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Prior to joining Constangy, Obasi served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Sharon V. Burrell for the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland. While there he assisted Judge Burrell on a wide range of issues, including workers’ compensation claims and civil procedure. He also interned for Administrative Law Judge Montez S. Cobb at the EEOC, where he analyzed various employment discrimination and harassment claims.
Professional & Civic Associations
- Gate City Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
Obasi enjoys solving complex puzzles and listening to music and can often be found on a jog around his neighborhood.
- "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
- President Barack Obama
- Sexual Harassment Investigations and Defense
- Policy Analysis and Employment Law Training
- Compliance Audits
- Management Training
- Defense of EEOC Charges
- Litigation and Defense of Employment Claims
The George Washington University Law School
- J.D., 2021
- Vice President Black Law Student Association
- Rising for Justice – Civil Litigation Clinic
- H. Carl Moultrie Scholarship Recipient
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2017, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
- Georgia, 2021
- Georgia State and Superior Courts