Pat has been with the firm since May 1986, after a 13-year career at the U.S. Department of Labor. He began his career in the Department’s Solicitor’s Office, where he served as an attorney representing the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). He later worked for OSHA, where he held the positions of Director of Compliance, Deputy Assistant Secretary and served two terms as the Acting Assistant Secretary for the Agency.
Pat is the OSHA Practice Group Co-chair, representing clients on a wide range of safety and health issues. He is the former Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Safety Council, and serves as Counsel to the Voluntary Protection Program Participant's Association.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America® (2007-2023)
- Chambers USA Guide®
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association, Committee on Occupational Safety and Health Law
- National Safety Council, Former Chairman of the Board of Directors
- National Safety Council's Foundation for Safety and Health, Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Virginia Bar Association
- Voluntary Protection Programs Participants' Association, Counsel
Pat enjoys boating and fishing in his free time.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
- “What to do before 'They' Show Up (They = OSHA),” guest speaker at the 37th Annual Florida Society for Healthcare Risk Management and Patient Safety Annual Meeting & Education Conference, August 2017
- “I will make it work!”
- Pat Tyson, OSHA Lawyer
- Occupation Safety and Health
University of Toledo
- J.D., 1973
- B.S., Business, 1970
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia, 1973