Rob advises and counsels clients on all aspects of employment and labor law, including wage and hour, child labor, employment discrimination, affirmative action, employee and labor relations, employee benefits and ERISA. Rob also represents management in labor and employment litigation before federal and state courts and agencies.
Before joining Constangy, Rob served as an attorney for the United States Department of Labor where he researched and drafted judicial decisions and orders under federal workers’ compensation statutes for Black Lung and Longshore programs. Rob also worked in the private sector for Marriott Corporation as a Fair Employment Practices Manager, and for Electronic Data Systems as an Employee Relations Specialist.
Professional & Civic Associations
- American Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
- Annapolis Yacht Club Foundation, Board of Directors
- Chesapeake Area Professional Captains Association
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Knights of Columbus
- Light House Shelter, Board of Directors; Chairman, Personnel Committee
- Northern Virginia Legal Services, Domestic Relations, Pro Bono Counsel
Rob is married with two sons, Patrick and Nicholas. He is actively involved in competitive off-shore and one-design sailboat racing and holds leadership positions in a number of sailing related organizations around the Chesapeake Bay. He is also a U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Captain.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
- "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser -- in fees, expenses, and waste of time. As a peacemaker the lawyer has a superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough."
- Abraham Lincoln, July 1, 1850, Notes for a Law Lecture
- Defense of wage and hour litigation, including class claims
- Defense of employment discrimination litigation
- Defense of discrimination charges at the agency level, including class-based charges
- Employment law counseling, including wage and hour issues
Georgetown University Law Center
- LL.M., Labor and Employment Law, 1996
District of Columbia School of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 1994
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Psychology, 1985
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia, 2000
- Virginia, 1998
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- Maryland, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S District Courts Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and D.C.