Atlanta (August 16, 2022) – Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete is pleased to announce our participation in Diversity Labs’ Mansfield Rule 6.0 certification process.
The Mansfield Rule is aimed at increasing and sustaining diversity in law firm leadership, and measures how firms are considering diverse lawyers for promotions, senior level hiring and significant leadership roles and positions. Under this initiative, we will strive for a candidate pool consisting of at least 30% women, attorneys of color, disabled, and/or LGBTQ+ attorneys, and undertake other actions to help expand the pathway to leadership for diverse attorneys and staff.
Committing to the Mansfield Rule goals is a natural next step for Constangy, which has been recognized as a top firm for diversity and inclusion.
• For the fifth straight year, we have been named to Working Mother Magazine’s (now Seramount) annual ranking of the Best Law Firms for Women.
• In the most recent Vault Associate Survey, we were named the #4 firm for racial and ethnic diversity, #6 for diversity for women, and #15 for overall diversity.
• We are a top 10 firm for women in the new National Law Journal Women’s Scorecard,
• We are a Top 50 firm in the American Lawyer Diversity Scorecard, where we were also ranked #1 for African American attorney representation.
• Constangy has one of the highest representations of women and minorities in its executive leadership (69% of the firm’s executive committee).
• 66% of our attorney hires and 63% of attorney promotions over the past 10 years have been women and/or minorities.
“Constangy has long fostered a culture that encourages diversity, equity and inclusion,” said Neil Wasser, who chairs the firm’s executive committee. “But DEI is a journey that doesn’t end, and we are constantly looking for ways to challenge ourselves to do better. Joining the Mansfield Rule is an opportunity to add a deeper layer of accountability that we think will help us move the needle even further.”
More information about the Mansfield Rule can be found here.
About Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP:
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete offers a wider lens on workplace law. We have counseled employers exclusively since 1946. With offices in 17 states, we are one of the largest labor and employment law practices in the U.S. Constangy has been named as a top firm for women and minorities by organizations including Law360, the National Law Journal and Vault.com. Many of our more than 180 attorneys have been recognized by leading authorities such as Chambers & Partners, Best Lawyers in America® and Martindale Hubbell. Find out more about us online at www.constangy.com or follow us on Twitter @ConstangyLaw.