Breakfast & Registration 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Presentation 8:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Join Constangy attorneys Gary Wheeler and Evan Gibbs as they address the U.S. Department of Labor’s Final Rule on white-collar overtime exemptions, which has an effective date of December 1, 2016. This complimentary briefing will focus on:
This complimentary briefing will focus on:
- The most important steps for employers to take or consider before December 1, 2016.
- Increase or convert?: Whether to increase the salary of exempt employees earning less than the new salary threshold of $47,476 OR convert them to non-exempt status.
- Strategies to reduce the likelihood of budgetary uncertainty and disgruntled employees.
- Considering the “budget-neutral” method for establishing an employee’s hourly rate.
- Communicating the changes and reason for the changes.
- Training formerly exempt employees about time-reporting procedures, compliance with overtime rules, and following rest and meal break requirements.
- Training supervisors how to manage, coach, counsel, and discipline newly non-exempt employees to comply with timekeeping and record-keeping practices.
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP.
200 West Forsyth Street
Concourse Level, Room #100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
REGISTRATION IS COMPLIMENTARY, BUT SPACE IS LIMITED
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
For more information, please contact Bonnie Darnofall at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.356.8900