On May 18, the U.S. Department of Labor released its Final Rule on white-collar exemptions to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Among other things, the Final Rule, which will take effect December 1, 2016, raised the salary level for exempt status and the compensation level for highly compensated employees. The thresholds will automatically be adjusted every three years. These and other changes in the Final Rule are expected to have a significant impact on many employers, but especially those in the retail, hospitality, construction, and health care industries.
What should you be doing to be prepared for December 1? Billy Hammel, Hunter Johnson and Tamara Jones of Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, will cover the provisions of the Final Rule and what employers need to be thinking about right now. This lunch and learn will cover the following topics:
- New salary threshold for exempt status
- New compensation level for highly compensated employees
- Special guidance for institutions of higher education
- Special guidance for non-profit employers
- Reclassification considerations, and options going forward: what employers need to be thinking about now
- Political efforts to block the Final Rule: Will they succeed?
18349 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75093
Complimentary lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m.
Presentation will commence at 12:00 p.m.
Continuing Education Credit:
This program is pending approval for 1.25 HRCI credit hours and
1.25 CLE credit hours.
Attendance is complimentary, but registration is required.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
For additional information please contact Karen Monico at 214.646.3424 or email@example.com