5.4.20 | Monday 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. ET
Please join Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete attorneys Barbara Kihumba and Punam Rogers and Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon & Galchus attorney George Ernst for an insightful discussion about strategies for U.S. employers as they struggle to manage their visa & compliance programs while balancing business & economic needs.
This webinar will address the following topics:
- Executive Orders and Presidential Proclamations
- What is the latest on the travel/immigration bans to the U.S.?
- Who is impacted and for how long?
- Has the government provided flexibility for immigration filings deadlines? Compliance?
- What immigration risks should U.S. employers need to weigh when considering options like furloughs, layoffs, wage reductions, and possible office closures in order to save their businesses?
- Can H-1B workers work remotely?
- Can employers reduce the wage rate of H-1B Workers? Or reduce their hours?
- Does the law provide a path to unpaid furlough or temporary leave of H-1B workers?
- Immigration and workforce planning/ management-what should U.S. employers be concerned about in the next 3-6 months?
The webinar is complimentary, but registration is required.
1.0 HRCI Credit*
1.0 SHRM Credit*