Regina’s core practice focuses on complex wage and hour class, collective and PAGA actions in both state and federal courts.
Throughout her career, she has assisted employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including wrongful termination, employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and breach of contract. She also regularly assists employers in establishing appropriate labor and employment policies and procedures in all areas of the employment relationship, with a specific emphasis on compliance with wage and hour laws. Regina has represented employers in a wide variety of industries including financial services, banking and mortgage lending, public accounting, oil & gas, manufacturing, health care, insurance and information technology.
Prior to joining Constangy, Regina was a partner at Seyfarth Shaw and worked in the labor and employment department of McGuireWoods. She also clerked at the Los Angeles Superior Court for the Honorable William F. Highberger and the Honorable David L. Minning. Regina also has experience working as an accountant and tax consultant for various Big 4 accounting firms.
Regina lives in Los Angeles with her husband and her two children.
- Vinole v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc., 571 F.3d 935 (9th Cir. 2009) (affirming 246 F.R.D. 637 (S.D. Cal. 2007)). Motion to deny class certification granted as to purported class of Home Loan Consultants.
- Velasquez et. al. v. HSBC Finance Corporation et. al., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 21311 (N.D. Cal. 2010) (nationwide FLSA collective action alleging unpaid off-the-clock work). Successfully defeated collective certification of proposed class of approximately 10,000 employees.
- Litty v. Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. et. al. Case No. 2:14-cv-00425 (C.D. Cal. 2016). Successfully defeated class and collective certification of purported class of financial advisors alleging misclassification. Motion to strike PAGA allegations granted.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
Speaking Engagements & Industry Publications
“Striking First: Preemptive Motions to Deny Class Certification,” Fair Labor Standards Handbook, Issue No. 273, June 2008
University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- J.D., 1998
Youngstown State University
- B.S., 1991
Bar & Court Admissions
- California, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California