Tim focuses his practice on employment litigation and counseling, representing companies across a variety of industries in all types of employment-related matters. Tim represents employers in a broad range of employment litigation matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, restrictive covenant/non-compete, and wage and hour. Tim represents employers in both state and federal court, as well as before administrative agencies on the state and federal level.
A significant portion of Tim's practice is also focused on providing preventive advice and day-to-day counseling to employers on a variety of employment issues, including employee performance, terminations, reductions-in-force, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, leave entitlement, and COVID-19 related return to work and accommodations. Tim also assists employers with drafting employee handbooks, policies, and agreements, among other things.
In law school, Tim focused his studies on employment law and received the Ogden W. Fields Award upon his graduation for demonstrating the highest overall proficiency in the field of labor and employment law. Prior to joining Constangy, Tim worked as an associate at a national labor and employment firm. Immediately after law school, Tim served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Allison E. Accurso, J.A.D., of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" for Litigation - Labor and Employment (2024)
- New York Metro Rising Star honoree, Super Lawyers® Magazine (2022)
Professional & Civic Associations
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New York State Bar Association
- Represented a top academic medical center in New York City in connection with claims brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defended a large nonprofit social services organization in New York City before federal and state courts and administrative agencies in connection with claims brought under Title VII, the Fair Labor Standard Act, and state equivalent laws.
- Counseled a private liberal arts university on employment related issues and student claims of discrimination.
- Served as co-counsel in a variety of discrimination and retaliation claims involving current and former employees alleging violations of Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and state equivalent laws, among others.
- Obtained no-cause findings for several franchisees of an international fast food restaurant in connection with state and federal administrative agency charges of discrimination and retaliation.
News & Analysis
Client Presentations & Firm Publications
George Washington University Law School
- J.D., honors, 2017
- B.A., 2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey, 2017
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit