Constangy, Brooks, Smith and Prophete, LLP is pleased to welcome six new attorneys to offices across the United States.
Jackie Johnson has joined the firm as a partner in Constangy’s Dallas office, and will serve as co-chair of the firm’s Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition Practice Group. An exceptional litigator, Jackie is nationally recognized for her experience in issues including restrictive covenant agreements, trade secret theft, breach of contract, duty of loyalty, and tortious interference with contract disputes. Prior to establishing a solo practice in 2020, she spent 20 years at Littler, where she served as co-chair of the firm’s Unfair Competition and Trade Secrets Practice Group. A certified mediator, she has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®, and is an author, editor or contributor to numerous publications on noncompete issues. She received her undergraduate degree from Trinity University and her J.D. from the University of Texas.
“Jackie is known for creative problem solving and “out of the box” thinking, and we’re thrilled to have her join our Constangy team,” said Neil H. Wasser, chair of the Constangy’s executive committee. “In the increasingly competitive market for top business talent, her ability to create and enforce agreements that help companies attract and retain top talent will be a great asset to our clients.”
Johnson says she was drawn to Constangy’s collaborative and entrepreneurial culture. “Constangy has the right balance of national reach and exceptional client service that my clients are looking for,” she said. “They’ve got the flexibility to provide creative solutions, backed up by deep bench strength in employment law and a team of people that seem to truly enjoy working together.”
In recent weeks, Constangy has also welcomed five more attorneys to offices across the country:
- Erik von Zeipel has joined the Los Angeles office as senior counsel, Erik has significant experience in complex litigation, including trade secrets, class actions, PAGA, and single plaintiff matters. Von Zeipel also has extensive experience defending corporate clients in disputes involving business torts, unfair competition, and contract disputes. He joins Constangy after spending a year in solo practice and more than 15 years at Seyfarth Shaw. Von Zeipel received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- M. Elysia Baker Analo has joined the Chicago office as an associate, bringing eight years of experience. Prior to joining Constangy, Analo practiced in boutique law firms, representing Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurial and family businesses, educational institutions, and public sector employers in a wide range of civil issues, including government and internal investigations, commercial litigation, and labor and employment matters. She received her J.D. from Georgetown University and her undergraduate degree from Harvard University.
- Christopher Blair has joined the Princeton office as a first year associate. He is a recent law graduate of DePaul University and received his undergraduate degree from Bowie State University. Prior to attending law school, Blair spent several years as a program analyst for the Department of Homeland Security.
- Bayan Salehi has joined the firm’s Los Angeles office as an associate, after spending his first year as an associate with Fisher Phillips. Prior to completing law school at Loyola Law School, Salehi worked for several years as a paralegal in Constangy’s Los Angeles office. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Tanner Whitmill has also joined the workers’ compensation practice in our Tampa office. Whitmill has seven years of experience, most recently at the Law Firm of Michael J. Winer. He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University and his J.D. from Western Michigan University.
About Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete, LLP:
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete offers a wider lens on workplace law. We have counseled employers exclusively since 1946. With offices in 17 states, we are one of the largest labor and employment law practices in the U.S. Constangy has been named as a top firm for women and minorities by organizations including Law360, the National Law Journal and Vault.com. Many of our more than 170 attorneys have been recognized by leading authorities such as Chambers & Partners®, Best Lawyers in America® and Martindale Hubbell. Find out more about us online at www.constangy.com or follow us on Twitter @ConstangyLaw.